Scientist - Cell/Tumor Biologist
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated, collaborative Scientist to join our research group dedicated to the discovery and development of novel oncology therapeutics. The position initially will primarily support cell biology and tumor biology studies.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the foundational science and culture of a biotech company backed by an experienced management team. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in one or more areas of Oncology and Immuno-oncology and has desired responsibilities listed below, the willingness and drive to learn new technical skills, solid critical thinking and troubleshooting skills and the desire to witness and drive the growth of a new company from the ground up. Title, compensation and scope of duties will be tailored to the successful candidate’s experience.
- Cell culture and maintenance
- Flow cytometry
- In vitro pharmacology and translation studies
- SDS-PAGE and Western Blotting
- Tumor/ tissue RNA extraction and RNAseq/ NGS
- FFPE Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and Microscopy
- Tumor biology, xenografts- cell-line derived or PDx
- Immuno-oncology, syngeneic models
- Data analysis and interpretation using standard methods and software (e.g. Prism, Excel, FloJo, Basespace, Galaxy etc.)
- Work independently and collaboratively in a small team environment
Responsibilities may also include:
- Transfection of cell lines and selection of stable clones
- Creation of novel engineered cancer cell lines
- PCR, cloning and screening of recombinants
- MS in cell biology, tumor biology, immunology or related science with 4+ years or PhD with relevant industry experience.
- Expertise in areas listed above
- Potency screening- single agent and chemotherapy combination
- In vitro pharmacologyTumor biology including cell line xenograft and/or PDX models in oncology setting.
- Analysis of mechanism of action by immune cell profiling, or immunofluorescence and/or IHC.
- Analysis of mechanism of action in cells/ tumor by qRT-PCR, SDS-PAGE, and RNAseq.Cell profiling/ lineage tracking by PCR or gene expression signatures.
- Excellent documentation, organizational skills and teamwork/communication skills are required.
- Interpersonal/communication skills in embodying a collaborative, respectful, courteous, capable company culture
- Experience with antibody-drug-conjugates (ADC) a plus.