Senior Network Engineer
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- You will oversee the architecture, design, testing, implementation, and ongoing technology life cycle of network services including WAN, LAN, Wifi, and cloud networking to ensure Recursion's networks and systems remain secure, scalable, supportable, and sustainable.
- You will lead the transition of Recursion to a software-defined network.
- You will maintain copper and InfiniBand fabrics infrastructure to include routers, switches, servers, network operating system software, network management software, and other related hardware.
- Strong technical skills and understanding of information systems, network protocols, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, log management, network behavior analysis tools.
- You will identify and recommend software, hardware, and systems upgrades and modifications to management.
- You will lead the effort of testing and integration of new technologies, and upgrading existing infrastructure.
- You will develop standard operating procedures.
- You will maintain network documentation.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for escalated issues.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of using a communication style that is appropriate for every unique situation.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join the IT team at Recursion. A team of IT Specialists and Systems Admins who are focused on helping Recursion to move fast while still being secure. You will work with teammates across the different departments of Recursion, determining what the right path forward is and how we get there. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage and maintain Networking, Server & Storage infrastructure.
The Experience You’ll Need
- You have 7+ years of experience managing large-scale enterprise networks preferably in a global environment.
- Be a network technology promoter in Recursion, driving adoption of creative solutions and consulting on complex issues to future-proof operations infrastructure strategies.
- Have a in-depth background in building InfiniBand fabrics for high-performance compute clusters.
- Understanding of the design principles and troubleshooting of distributed systems.
- Experience with high-performance computing, IB fabrics, and operational best practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of different routing algorithms including UPDN, LASH, DOR.
- Team player, excellent written and verbal communication.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.