Sr. Medical Science Liaison Dermatology - Ohio
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Sr. Medical Science Liaison Dermatology- OhioLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will support the MSL TA head and local TA Lead in developing local territory R&D tactics. The Senior MSL is an integral position in communicating accurate, clear, and valued information regarding Amgen science and products to multiple levels within the medical community and are responsible for providing field observations to internal stakeholders. The territories covered will be Ohio/Michigan/Indiana.
- Engage with healthcare stakeholders to educate and communicate clinical and scientific data to advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgens corporate goals and objectives
- Educate and communicate clinical value, outcomes, and economic data to payers, providers, key stakeholders, advocacy, and access enablers
- Respond to unsolicited inquiries consistent with the MSL compliance standards
- Provide and/or present field observations and insights to internal stakeholders
- Execute scientific engagement plan according to annual MSL goals and metrics
- Develop and implement local OL plans in line with scientific engagement plan
- Support speaker training as requested and ensure the speakers are updated on new data
- Support Amgen sponsored research and may serve as a study lead
- Liaise with potential investigators in non-sponsored clinical research
- Lead and/or participate on project teams that support MSL strategies and tactics as delegated by MSL leadership
- Advance MSL value proposition, identify gaps, achieve results, and set an example for others to follow by consistently demonstrating Amgen values and leadership attributes. Demonstrate tact and integrity when communicating and interacting with others.
- Lead and support congress activities as aligned with strategy
- Compliantly collaborate with cross-functional colleagues. May serve as main of point of contact
- Maintain clinical acuity and expertise and timely completion of assigned training. May serve as a training lead, New Hire Mentor and/or International MSL mentor/trainer
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The confident professional we seek is a consistent performer with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of Medical Science Liaison experience
- Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or D.O. (Other Doctoral Degrees considered)
- Five years of industry experience in Scientific/Medical Affairs at a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- At least three years in a medical science liaison role
- Five or more years focused on clinical practice, clinical research, or medical research. Experience in a medically-related field can include post-doctoral training (i.e., residencies and/or fellowships)
- Dermatology therapeutic area expertise
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.