Customer Service Representative
Customer Service builds strong relationships with customers and serves as a liaison between customers and cross-functional groups across the company. This position will have strong communication skills and be able to remove roadblocks and provide quick resolution for customers and internal teams. They should have experience interfacing with and supporting internal and external customers and/or distributors managing order fulfillment and service operations.
The Customer Support Specialist reports to the Global Customer Service Manager in the Commercial Organization and contributes to the company’s ability to meet sales goals while providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Validate technical aspects of orders to ensure order accuracy, completeness and technical feasibility along with company requirements for shipping and revenue recognition.
- Review, book and manage all aspects of commercial and internal sales orders received from the business in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide customers with order verification, updates on delivery dates, product availability and pricing.
- Coordinate with the service team to arrange delivery of instruments, installation reagents and other reagents and parts as required.
- Analyzes problems, determines approach within guidelines, prepares reports and recommendations.
- Coordinates high level activities between departments and outside parties.
- Provide phone and email support to internal partners.
- Monitor orders and update status to ordering parties.
- Proactive communication to the field service team when change of order status is received.
- File documentation promptly and assist in auditing.
- Coordination and administrative aspects of Order Entry, Order Fulfillment, Credit/Rebill, Case/Complaint Creation, Contract and Backlog Management including but not limited to the use of multiple Systems (Netsuite,, MS Office Suite, Quickbase, Cognos, etc)
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined policies, procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive collaborative working relationships both internally and externally.
- Understands and applies best practices and knowledge of internal/external business challenges to improve processes or services.
- May support Key Accounts, projects or other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- 2 + years of customer support experience or equivalent experience in an administrative or Sales Support role preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office and preferred experience with a CRM and/or ERP system (NetSuite a plus)
- Familiarity with Internet commerce sites and overall comfort with technology, strongly desired.
- Diligent, Detail Oriented, Methodical, practical, analytical with good project management skills.
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills.
- Experience working with a freight forwarder or strong experience with international logistics preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong desire to provide total customer support, going further to address customer core needs.
- Experience independently solving problems and working effectively in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Phone interview with the hiring manager
- Day Interview with manager, cofounders, HR and the rest of the team
- References Check
- Timing: 2-3 weeks