Talent Acquisition Sourcing Lead
TALENT ACQUISITION SOURCING LEAD
About the Role
Freenome is experiencing hyper-growth as we prepare for the commercialization and market launch of our first product, a best-in-class, early-stage blood test to detect colon cancer.
At Freenome, our Talent Sourcers play an essential role by partnering strategically with our Talent Partners and hiring stakeholders to support passive talent top-of-funnel activities.
In this newly created role, the Talent Acquisition Sourcing Lead will lead an agile team of sourcing specialists and partner with our Talent Partners and hiring stakeholders to drive our passive candidate and talent top-of-funnel recruiting strategy. You will contribute to developing talent identification and engagement strategies for Freenome’s senior and most critical searches.
You will bring operational excellence around competitive intelligence for critical current and future hiring needs, enabling business partners to make strategic and impactful talent decisions.
How you’ll contribute:
- Directly manage, coach, inspire and lead a team of expert Talent Sourcers, and take ownership of building and aligning the greater Talent Team to sourcing best practices at Freenome
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition Partners, Hiring Manager stakeholders and Sourcing peers to deliver top of the funnel passive talent for Freenome’s most mission-critical roles
- Craft and execute innovative, rigorous market research & sourcing methods to build robust, diverse passive talent pipelines for niche, hard to fill specialized technical roles, including but not limited to Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Clinical Development & Research, Legal, Business Development, and Business
- Expertise utilizing creative sourcing/boolean techniques to identify passive candidates through various channels and sourcing methodologies, including LinkedIn Recruiter, HireTual, CRM, social networks, professional organizations, marketing channels
- Develop progressive talent identification and sourcing strategies and keep up to date with industry and market trends. You're the first to know!
- Deliver market intelligence for multiple projects simultaneously, guide information and system infrastructure
- Partner closely with recruiters and hiring managers and translate position profiles and technical requirements to develop creative sourcing strategies and campaigns to target ideal candidate profiles
- Provide regular updates on sourcing status, market trends, and competitive market landscape
What you’ll bring:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- At least seven years combined talent sourcing and recruiting experience in rapid-growth life sciences or emerging technology company and two years of talent sourcing leadership and direct supervisory experience
- Expert level proficiency with a wide variety of sourcing tools, LinkedIn Recruiter, HireTual, Greenhouse CRM (or similar systems), Github, Boolean searches, and progressive talent market mapping strategies
- Advanced expertise in core recruiting skills, including cold calling, passive candidate engagement, screening for alignment, etc.
- Strong life sciences business acumen
- Advanced expertise in core recruiting skills, cold calling, phone screening
- A creative and collaborative approach to talent discovery and engagement
- Experience leveraging data to guide sourcing strategies
- The ability to thrive in a nascent and fast-paced environment
- The expert ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- A drive to make an impact and ability to influence change
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
Freenome has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, our employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Freenome is on a mission to empower everyone with the tools they need to detect, treat, and ultimately prevent cancer.
We have pioneered the most comprehensive multiomics platform for early cancer detection through a routine blood draw. By combining deep expertise in molecular biology with advanced computational biology and machine learning techniques to recognize disease-associated patterns among billions of circulating, cell-free biomarkers, we are developing simple and accurate blood tests for early cancer detection and integrating the actionable insights into health systems to operationalize a machine learning feedback loop between care and science.
Our recent $270 Million Series C brings our financing to over $500 million from investors, including; Bain Capital, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Polaris Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., GV (formerly Google Ventures), Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures, Data Collective Venture Capital, Novartis and Verily Life Sciences.
Freenome is building technology to advance the understanding of cancer through multiple analytes derived from blood. These signals include cell-free DNA, methylation of cell-free DNA, cell-free RNA, circulating proteins, and immune profiling derived from thousands of prospective samples. By developing novel statistical learning methods and applying them to integrate various -omics datasets, Freenome is a leader in modeling specific biological mechanisms to capture disease-dependent signatures, including gene expression, immune response, tumor burden, the tissue of origin, and 3D chromatin structure.
By building comprehensive discovery datasets and modeling critical biological systems, Freenome is learning what biological changes are present within the blood between a variety of different disease states, including cancer, autoimmune disorders, infections, drug response, and aging. The synthesis of Freenome’s datasets, cross-functional technical expertise, and audacious mission to discover biological truth, we seek to improve the lives of millions through early detection and early treatment of disease.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic, and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
We value empathy, integrity, and trust in one another, and we respect the diverse perspectives of our colleagues and those we serve. We assume positive intent and give each other the benefit of the doubt with the firm belief that we are a team working toward the same objectives. We believe in empowering and supporting each other in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
What does a successful person look like at Freenome?
Those who thrive at Freenome prioritize, manage, and execute their own goals with ownership and alignment with those of the company. They embrace our values of empathy, integrity, striving for greatness, servant leadership, trust, and holding themselves and their team accountable to these values. They crave collaboration with brilliant minds from disparate fields of study and believe that hiring and mentorship are fundamental to our success. Above all, they welcome and provide constructive feedback and criticism, trusting in others’ good intentions, and being secure in knowing that embracing mistakes is the best way to learn and grow. For those who pursue challenges, understudied problems, and want the opportunity to see their work impact the lives of millions of people affected by cancer every year, there’s no better place to be than Freenome.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Please note that our Company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, our employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.