Associate Director, DMPK
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, DMPK
- Responsible for bioanalytical strategies across discovery and development stage programs
- Represent DMPK at research and development teams to drive project progression to key milestones, from early discovery to clinical trials and registration.
- Strategize and execute DMPK project support plans
- Manage internal and/or external resources and FTEs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as DMPK project representative on R&D project teams. Designs and executes appropriate DMPK strategies to support project progression.
- Establishes close interaction and collaboration with other key line functions to develop compounds towards milestone transition
- Manages external and internal resources in support of DMPK subfunction for all GBT Research and Development programs, including regulatory submission/interaction that support clinical trials and product registration
- Manages and supervises junior associates’ performance and career development
- Maintains awareness of current and emerging standard practices and guidelines in the field
- Serves as subject matter expert for bioanalytical
- Oversees DMPK Development Bioanalytical activities including assay development
- Selection and oversight of CRO selection and assay validation.
- Review of assay performance in support of GLP and Clinical studies.
- 8 + years post graduate related experience and has earned a M.S or Ph.D. in a related scientific discipline
- 3+ years of experience leading teams and/or managing people (i.e. employees, contractors) required for leadership positions
- Discovery and development experiences with small molecules (required) and biologics/biomarkers (desired)
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with managing studies conducted at CROs
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position may require you to work onsite or interact in person with customers of the Company and/or work onsite from time to time at the Company’s facilities. The Company requires all employees working in its facilities (including attending in-person meetings and events) to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for a disability/medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. This position requires you to maintain a fully-vaccinated status against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.