QC Sr. Research Associate/Research Associate
Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies ("G-MAB™ library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies ("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"), antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic virus ("Sephrevir®").
We attract smart people who play well with others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career.
If you’re a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is a federal government contractor and, in compliance with its obligations under current federal regulations, Sorrento requires all employees, including newly hired employees, to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021, unless the employee is legally entitled to an accommodation. For further information, please refer to the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force’s September 24, 2021 Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors, available at: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Sorrento Therapeutics (“Sorrento”) is seeking an experienced Senior Research Associate/Research Associate who will be part of the Analytical Development/Quality Control team to support process development and current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) activities for different viral vectors.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Conduct QC tests following test protocols and procedures in compliance with quality system and cGMP regulations.
- Deliver cGMP compliant data and reports to support release of cell banks, virus banks, raw material, drug substance and drug product.
- Participate in QC method development, method qualification and validation studies.
- Participate in authoring technical protocols, reports and SOPs for analytical methods.
- Participate in investigation of deviation or out-of-specification results in QC laboratory.
- Apply cGMP requirements applicable to QC laboratory.
- Performs other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S., or M.S. Degree in Biology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry.
- Hands-on experience in cell culture, ELISA, Western Blotting, real-time PCR and molecular biology is preferred.
- 1+ years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting, experience of working in Quality Control (QC) laboratory preferred.
- Experience with analytical method development preferred.
- Experience with cGMP regulation preferred.
- Experience authoring standard operating procedures (SOPs), protocols and reports preferred.
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently
- Very detail-oriented and organized.
- High level of initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Software
- Support scientists who are on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
- Earn a competitive salary that allows you to focus your attention on your passion.
- A comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401k, company paid holidays, and Flexible PTO, plus stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, please apply, we’re looking forward to meeting you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer