Scientist, Analytical Development/Quality Control
Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies ("G-MAB™ library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies ("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"), antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic virus ("Sephrevir®").
We attract smart people who play well with others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career.
If you’re a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Sorrento is seeking an Analytic Development/Quality Control Scientist for the Oncolytic Immunotherapy program. The selected candidate will be part of the Analytic Development/Quality Control team to support process development and current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) activities for oncolytic virus.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Participate in analytical method development and optimization; may lead training of junior members.
- Participate in analytical method qualification and validation studies.
- Conduct QC tests following test protocols and procedures in compliance with quality system and cGMP regulations.
- Deliver cGMP compliant data and reports to support release of cell banks, virus banks, raw material, drug substance and drug product.
- Author technical protocols, reports and SOPs.
- Participate in investigation of deviation or out-of-specification results in QC laboratory.
- Apply cGMP requirements applicable to QC laboratory.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- S. or Ph.D. Degree in Biology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, optimize and troubleshoot analytical methods suitable for oncolytic virus characterization.
- 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting, experience of working in Quality Control (QC) laboratory preferred.
- Hands-on experience in cell culture, ELISA, Western Blotting, real-time PCR and molecular biology is required.
- Experience with cGMP regulation preferred.
- Experience authoring standard operating procedures (SOPs), protocols and reports.
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently.
- Very detail-oriented and organized.
- High level of initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
- Earn a competitive salary that allows you to focus your attention on your passion.
- A comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401k, paid holidays, and Flexible PTO, plus stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, please apply, we’re looking forward to meeting you!
No relocations. Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer