Scientist, Assay Development
Dorian Therapeutics is a pre-clinical Silicon Valley biotech focused on developing treatments that counteract aging in degenerative diseases and during cellular therapy. Dorian's innovative therapeutics, called senoblockers, inhibit the process of cellular senescence while activating the regenerative capacity of tissues. Founded by two Stanford Medical School alumni, the company is backed by several venture capital firms including Longevity Fund, Blumberg Capital and Pacific8 Ventures, as well as top biotech incubators like Y Combinator and StartXMed. The Board of Directors includes experienced executives like Jeff George (former Division Head and CEO of Sandoz and Alcon at Novartis) and Aya Jakobovits (former CEO at Kite Pharma and Adicet Bio). For more information, visit: https://www.doriantherapeutics.com/
The company is located in San Carlos (CA) at MBC Biolabs, a vibrant biotech incubator providing state of the art equipment and a strong community to more than 50 resident companies.
OPEN POSITION: Scientist / Senior Scientist, Assay Development
Senescence and Aging
We are seeking a curious and passionate scientist to join our team and contribute to the development of our preclinical program in age-related diseases (including fibrosis, autoimmune diseases, CKD and osteoarthritis). The candidate will be working hand-in-hand with the founders and the rest of the team in advancing our novel technology towards IND and clinical trials.
- Proactively contribute and co-lead Dorian’s pre-clinical programs
- Design, optimize, execute, analyze and validate functional in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays for small molecule drug discovery
- Proactively review discovery research literature to contribute the newest scientific findings, ideas, and methods/technologies to the team
- Participate in scientific conferences; contribute to writing grants and publications
- Participate in company meetings, communicate regularly with team members regarding experimental plans and project progress
- Supervise and mentor interns and research associates
- Interact with CROs and external academic and industry partners involved in our preclinical program
- Ensure robust data reporting, troubleshooting, quality control, and archiving
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, or a related field with a focus in adult stem cell biology and/or aging or Master’s degree with additional industry experience
- A minimum of 2-4 years (depending on title) of recent experience in industry setting
- Hands-on experience with a variety of in vitro assays (enzymatic assays, reporter gene assays, Western blot, microscopy, flow cytometry, transfection, virus transduction, cell characterization) is required
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture (primary cells and/or stem cells) is required
- Hands-on experience with biophysical characterization (SPR, TSA) and assays of small molecules is desired
- Experience in preclinical programs and/or IND-enabling studies for small molecules is desired
- Familiarity with automation and high-throughput assay would be advantageous
- Adapt to fast-paced environment and priority shift effectively and efficiently
Dorian Therapeutics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Given the current growing pace of the company, we offer the possibility of fast career progression based on performance and results.