Client Service Manager
The Client Service Manager is a manager within the Client Service and Analysis unit. He/she will have exposure to all facets of the Client Service Managers’ interactions with Clients, the production and analysis of revenue-related data, and be part of a highly effective team. This position will be the primary liaison between multiple Client accounts and Medical Group Business Services (MGBS). They will provide analytic support, problem-solving, and communication on all matters pertaining to physician billing needs.
He/she will interface directly with Physician and Revenue Cycle Leadership teams to proactively research, identify, communicate and aid in the resolution of operational and payor-related trends impacting the Client specific and overall Professional Revenue Cycle.
Functions independently with a full understanding of all components of the revenue cycle. Completes complex projects of diverse scope and/or portions of large projects.
Medical Group Business Services (MGBS) is responsible for the professional fee billing and collections for approximately 25 divisions in the School of Medicine. MGBS collects approximately $450M annually and takes ownership for continuing to find ways for the Divisions to ensure charges are captured and increase payments.
- Three (3) or more years of experience with data analysis functions/applications, industry standards, and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Detail-oriented, with proven ability to effectively manage time, see tasks and projects through to completion, organize competing priorities, and effectively address complex, urgent issues as they arise.
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to interpret and convey complex clinical finance information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to prepare compelling and informative reports and presentations.
- Thorough understanding of the issues, processes, reporting instruments, metrics, analytics, and other tools and techniques involved with measuring and analyzing the revenue cycle.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively on complex projects in a team environment with staff from a wide variety of business and clinical areas.
- Proven ability to work with managers, serving as a technical resource, providing recommendations and advice on regulatory changes, and industry trends and developments in revenue cycle management.
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF locations.
- Advanced MS Access and Excel
- Strong skills in report development, dashboard design, and various software tools specific to healthcare revenue cycle management. Skills in a common database, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Thorough knowledge of the practices, procedures, and concepts of the healthcare revenue cycle and its component operations, including billing, collections, charge capture, contractual adjustments, third-party reimbursements, and cash management.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to evaluate the effectiveness of workflows and systems and propose innovative solutions.
- Master's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Clarity, SQL, Epic Workbench
- Cognos Data Warehouse
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.