Undergrad Coop - Process Development Drug Substance
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.Chemical or Mechanical Engineer
LiveThis could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During this 1-year program (January 2022), you will have the opportunity to work closely with a multi-discipline team inside the Process Development Drug Substance organization supporting the Protein Purification Sciences and Engineering Team. The student will have the opportunity to support the performance improvements of critical processes in Amgen Manufacturing Limited.
- Perform data analysis of historical process performance
- Evaluate the requirements for critical steps and parameters during preparation of protein column chromatography
- Develop strategies for performance improvement
- Perform other tasks required like statistical analyses and correlation evaluation.
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The leader individual we seek is an Enthusiastic and Fast Learner with these qualifications.
- Pursuing a bachelors degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineer.
- At Least 3.00 of GPA (General).
- Have completed at least 3 years of college education
- Be enrolled in School
- Be pursuing an applicable degree or course of study
- Fluent in English
- Some protein knowlegde
- Protein Purification process
- Experience in JMP software
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Well Organize
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to workThrive
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.