Scientist, Molecular and Cellular Engineering (Bacillus)
Are you ready to join our mission to enhance protein optimization and production? Do you have a passion for applying innovative technology to create novel products? Come be part of the Codexis Inc, Team where every day we get to unlock the power of proteins!.
Since 2002, Codexis’ scientists and bioinformatics experts have worked collaboratively with our clients to do just that, enabling breakthrough developments for applications across multiple industries! As Codexis expands its footprint we are in constant need to find new ways to diversify applications of our CodeEvolverTM protein engineering platform.
But we can’t do it without YOU!
To help us reach our goals we are looking to hire a Scientist to join our Molecular and Cellular Engineering team.
If any of the below describes you, we would love to meet you!
- Microbiologist with strong working knowledge of genetics and microbiology of Bacillus subtilis or other Bacillus strains
- Ability to apply the knowledge to development of novel methods and workflows for protein engineering and expression of recombinant proteins in Bacillus subtilis
- Collaborative, results-driven, learner
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Design and construction of plasmids for high throughput and larger scale recombinant protein expression in Bacillus subtilis
- Development of methods for generation and expression of enzyme variant libraries in the Bacillus host
- Optimization of cultivation and recombinant protein expression in Bacillus
- Development and optimization of strains, workflows and protocols for directed evolution in Bacillus host
- Cloning of genes and genetic pathways, enzyme library generation, characterization of gene variants
- Providing technical guidance for protein engineering projects
- Analysis and interpretation of DNA sequencing data and assay data. Analysis and interpretation of contribution of mutations to desired properties of gene variants.
- Working independently and with project teams to provide support and assistance to all phases of directed evolution projects, contribute to team presentations and written reports
- Maintaining a safe and efficient work place, following safe lab practices and organizing lab environment.
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- PhD in Microbiology, Genetics or related field; industry experience is a plus
- Experience with genetic manipulation of Bacillus subtilis or other Bacillus Strains REQUIRED
- Experience with designing constructs for recombinant protein expression in Bacillus.
- Knowledge and understanding of directed evolution preferred.
- Ability to independently develop, validate and troubleshoot protocols.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task.
- Ability to provide technical vision, leadership and guidance to project teams.
- Ability to think critically, work both independently and within cross- disciplinary project teams.
- Must be able to work and communicate well within project teams.
- Must be motivated and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, presentation skills and interpersonal skills.
What can Codexis offer you? (besides an amazing and collaborative culture?)
- Full benefits on your first day
- 100% match on 401k (up to 4%)
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Much more!
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.