Research Assistant/Associate Automation Operations
Are you ready to join our mission to enhance protein optimization and production? Do you have a passion for applying innovative technology to create novel products? Come be a part of the Codexis, Inc team where every day we get to unlock the power of proteins!
Since 2002, Codexis’ scientists and bioinformatics experts have worked collaboratively with our clients to do just that, enabling breakthrough developments for applications across multiple industries! As Codexis expands its footprint we are in constant need to find new ways to diversify applications of our CodeEvolverTM protein engineering platform.
But we can’t do it without YOU!
To help us reach our goals we are looking to hire a highly motivated Research Assistant/Associate to join our Automation Operations team. Working in this team setting, you would contribute the efforts of the high throughput protein expression laboratory to support the development and discovery of novel enzymes. This lab operates seven days a week to support research and development efforts.
If any of the below describes you, we would love to meet you!
- Would you like contributing to the success of the research and development organization at Codexis?
- Are you extremely organized, detail-oriented, an independent worker who also enjoys working in a team?
- Do you like following procedures and optimizing processes to improve protocols?
- Are you comfortable executing daily routine tasks efficiently with a detail-oriented mindset?
- Are you willing and able to work weekend shifts?
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Fulfilling requests for high throughput protein expression using lab automation including liquid handlers and automated colony pickers in a team setting.
- Assisting in the development and optimization of high throughput protein expression protocols for bacterial and fungal organisms.
- Tracking and updating request data in an automated LIMS system
- Working collaboratively with internal clients to troubleshoot issues and update status of internal requests.
- Keeping and maintaining a clean laboratory and workspace
- Assisting in the production of sample kits for internal screening
- Performing other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent recognized qualification with 1 - 3 years of experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Desire to work with laboratory automation. (Experience working with liquid handlers such as Biomek NX/FX or iSeries robots is preferred)
- General knowledge of biochemistry and microbial protein expression techniques.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, multi-task, think critically and work both independently and within teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and documentation skills.
- Ability to follow protocols consistently and accurately.
- Attention to detail, safety, and good laboratory practices.
- Weekend work is required
What can Codexis offer you? (besides an amazing collaborative culture?)
- Full benefits on day your first day
- 100% match on 401k (up to 4%)
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Employee lunch program
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Much more!
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.