Research Assistant, Media Prep
Are you ready to join our mission to enhance protein optimization and production? Do you have a passion for applying innovative technology to create novel products? Come be part of the Codexis, Inc team where every day we get to unlock the power of proteins®!
Since 2002, Codexis’ scientists and bioinformatics experts have worked collaboratively with our clients to do just that, enabling breakthrough developments for applications across multiple industries! As Codexis expands its footprint we are in constant need to find new ways to diversify applications of our CodeEvolverTM protein engineering platform.
But we can’t do it without YOU!
To help us reach our goals we are looking to hire a highly motivated Research Assistant/Associate to broadly support the research organization. As part of this collaborative team within the Automation Operations Group, you will prepare media, reagents and glassware to support the ongoing needs of scientists in the R&D group.
If any of the below describes you, we would love to meet you!
- Would you like contributing to the success of the research and development organization at Codexis?
- Are you extremely organized, detail-oriented, an independent worker who also enjoys working in a team?
- Do you like following procedures and optimizing processes to improve protocols?
- Are you comfortable executing daily routine tasks efficiently with a detail-oriented mindset?
- Are you willing and able to work weekend shifts?
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Preparation and sterilization of media, reagent buffers and glassware in a timely fashion.
- Ordering and stocking of reagents and supplies in designated areas.
- Supporting efforts in performing HTP growth and expression of biocatalyst libraries including some support in shake flask inoculation and growth.
- Participation in lab organization, housekeeping and instrument maintenance activities as well as performing additional lab related tasks as needed.
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or related field.
- Experience in a laboratory setting (classroom or industrial internship).
- Good aseptic technique.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and customer service skills.
- Strong basic computer skills.
What can Codexis offer you? (besides an amazing and collaborative culture?)
- Full benefits your first day
- 100% match on 401k (up to 4%)
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Much more!
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.