VP of Business Development and Product Strategy
CK Group is seeking a creative, science-savvy business development and strategy professional to join our fast-growing team. The VP of Business Development and Product Strategy is a critical role for this exciting start-up biotechnology company. The successful candidate will identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage a broad spectrum of partnerships – from academic to complex collaboration agreements with pharma and biotech partners. The ideal candidate will also play a key role in product planning, synthesizing biological data into a cohesive, compelling story that drives financing and partnering.
• Develop and maintain relationships with various potential partners, including pharma and biotech business development teams and academic institutions
• Assess competitive landscape to provide strategic and commercial context for potential partnerships and new programs, make recommendations to the executive team
• Work with the biology teams to identify compelling “best fit” opportunities for new targets in a variety of oncology indications. Craft pitch decks for new targets.
• Build internal support for selected partnerships, including presentations to the board
• Lead deal structuring and negotiations with partners through to deal execution
Qualifications And Education Requirements
• PhD in biology/immunology or related field preferred
• Experience in product strategy and planning
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively about indication selection and prioritization
• 7+ years' experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry with strong knowledge of biology, disease, and drug development
• Minimum of 5 years in business development role with experience identifying, structuring, negotiating, and managing complex partnerships
• A keen business sense and thorough understanding of industry trends and competitive landscape
• Strong deal sheet showing successful negotiation of a broad range of deal structures
• Established network across biotech and pharma ecosystem
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills and proven ability to develop and present strategic plans to executive leadership
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Amy Lloyd on +1 617 692 2948 or email email@example.com.
Entitlement to work in the USA is essential.