Site Services (Facilities) Coordinator
- 4D Molecular Therapeutics
- Emeryville, CA
- Start date
- Nov 1, 2021
- Administration, Clinical, Clinical Project Management
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
The Site Services Coordinator will play a significant role in supporting a growing company. This role will support in-office functions at 4DMT including, but not limited to: processing shipping & receiving, maintaining office inventories, assisting with custodial management, performing routine office maintenance, and a variety of other office administration, maintenance, and in-house support needs.
The Site Services Coordinator will support both on-site and remote 4DMT office and laboratory staff by ensuring that office functions, site logistics, and lab support operations run smoothly and effectively, either by performing required tasks or assisting managers and external service vendors. This role may also support or perform minor facility and equipment maintenance activities or EH&S activities as needed. This is a position within the Facilities and Equipment Engineering group and reports to the Facilities and EH&S Lead.
- This is a hands-on and on-site role and offers the opportunity to build a career in Facilities Maintenance, Site Services, or EH&S functions within 4DMT.
- Facility Logistics and Maintenance support (50% of time):
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, packages, lab deliveries.
- Manage incoming material and lab storage spaces, including tracking inventories.
- Maintain inventory of office and kitchen supplies, including snacks and beverage services.
- Assist with custodial services and housekeeping, including covid sanitization.
- Assist with waste management and recycling programs, including monitoring waste accumulation areas and tracking chemical inventories.
- Support facility inspection programs; Provision safety materials (first-aid kits, spill protection, lab PPE).
- Assist with facility and equipment asset management, including performing minor repairs and maintenance.
- Security and Office Administration (35% of time):
- Perform occasional reception activities as needed (answer main phone line and direct calls, receive guests and vendors, review and redirect corporate voicemail and email).
- Support vendor site visits and contract maintenance services.
- Support office relocations; Set up new-hire spaces; Maintain hotel stations for remote workers.
- Assist in setting up conference rooms and remote video meetings and interviews.
- Support training and facilities onboarding for all new hires.
- Keep material storage and document archives organized.
- Other staff and facility support (15% of time):
- Support HR employee health and wellness programs.
- Maintain cleanliness and supplies of Mother’s room.
- Other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Must have completed full Covid-19 vaccination course.
- Requires valid CA driver’s license.
- Associates degree or equivalent work or military experience required.
- Experience (preferred but not required):
- 1+ years of customer service and office administration experience.
- Experience in a start-up or research environment.
- Experience in Biotech, Pharmaceutical, or Medical Device industries
- Must be able to work both independently and within team environments.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skill.
- Ability to respectfully interact with all employees.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic hand and power tools.
- Basic computer and technology literacy, including MS Office applications.
- Physical Requirements of the Role:
- The role requires frequent handling and moving of boxes and equipment weighing up to 50lbs, unassisted, for short distances, Lift, twisting, walking, sitting, and standing throughout the workday. Computer and written and verbal communication tool use.
- Full-time onsite role during regular business hours.
- Adhere to all safety protocols in the office and lab environment.
4DMT provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran, and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
4D Molecular Therapeutics, Inc. (“4DMT”) is a clinical-stage gene therapy company pioneering the development of product candidates using targeted and evolved AAV vectors. 4DMT seeks to unlock the full potential of gene therapy using its platform, Therapeutic Vector Evolution, which combines the power of directed evolution with approximately one billion synthetic capsid sequences to invent evolved vectors for use in targeted gene therapy products. The company is initially focused on three therapeutic areas: ophthalmology, cardiology, and pulmonology. The 4DMT targeted and evolved vectors are invented with the goal of being delivered through clinically routine, well-tolerated, and minimally invasive routes of administration, transducing diseased cells in target tissues efficiently, having reduced immunogenicity, and, where relevant, having resistance to pre-existing antibodies.
Attention: Search Firms / 3rd Party Recruitment Agencies*
The Talent Acquisition / HR team manages the recruiting for all positions at 4D Molecular Therapeutics. We will only accept resumes from a search agency/recruiter if we have a signed agreement in place and the Talent Acquisition / HR team has formally requested your help on a specific role. Unsolicited resumes sent to 4D Molecular Therapeutics will be considered property of 4D Molecular Therapeutics. 4D Molecular Therapeutics will not be responsible for any fees associated should we hire from unsolicited resumes.
Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring managers or employees, and doing so may jeopardize eligibility to work on future positions. Recruiters interested in working with 4D Molecular Therapeutics can submit their information to email@example.com– should we have a tough-to-fill role, we will contact you directly if you specialize in that area.
4DMT is a gene therapy company with a transformative discovery platform --Therapeutic Vector Evolution --that enables our “disease first” approach to product discovery and development, thereby allowing us to customize our AAV vectors to target specific tissue types associated with the underlying disease.
At 4DMT we are creating and developing optimized “biopharmaceutical grade” AAV vectors that will allow us uniquely to unlock the full potential of gene therapy. Our customized and proprietary AAV vectors are each designed, according to a 4DMT Target Vector Profile, to deliver genes to specific cells and tissues in the body to eradicate both rare and large market diseases.
While AAV gene therapy pioneers are making great strides with the first wave of products, hurdles still exist with the use of conventional vectors. The most commonly used AAV capsids (e.g., AAV2, 5, 8 and 9) were identified either 1) as contaminants in lab stocks of adenovirus, or 2) through monkey tissue processing. Therefore, these conventional vectors are not targeted specifically to any tissue in the body. This can lead to inefficient and non-specific delivery, thus requiring extremely high doses and potentially resulting in toxicities (including inflammation), high manufacturing burdens and suboptimal efficacy. In addition, suboptimal routes of delivery can be required for delivery to the right tissues (e.g., subretinal delivery to the retina). Finally, pre-existing neutralizing antibodies in many patients can limit efficacy, clinical trial enrollment and market sizes. 4DMT Innovation empowers us to create new and improved next generation AAV capsids to allow targeted delivery of our products by the optimal clinical route of administration.
At 4DMT we use our robust discovery platform, termed “Therapeutic Vector Evolution,” to create customized and proprietary gene delivery vehicles (novel AAV vectors) to deliver genes to specific tissues and cells in the body by the optimal route of administration. We use the power of evolution to create and refine these optimized vectors through genetic diversification and then natural selection in vivo.
4D Purpose Statement: Boldly Innovating to Unlock the Full Potential of Gene Therapy for Countless Patients
- Dare to Cure - Patients are waiting. Create big dreams for patients and take calculated risks to achieve them
- Break Boundaries - Question the status quo and innovate beyond conventional approaches
- Beyond Yourself - It's about patients, their families, our team, our families. We strengthen each other.
- Prepare and Execute Relentlessly - Start with the end in mind, over-prepare and make contingency plans to your contingency plans
We invite all of you who share our passion and vision in creating the ultimate gene therapy products to cure genetic and rare diseases in children and adults. We seek the best people in the industry who identify with our mission and innovative results-driven approach. We offer an inspiring and collaborative environment that encourages individual contributions, recognizes performance in multiple ways, offers generous benefits and provides challenging opportunities for career development.
5858 Horton St. Suite 455
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert