Sales Solution Engineer
Title: Sales Solution Engineer
Reports to: Vice President, Client Success
Status: Employee, Exempt
Location: Remote home office with ability to travel as needed
Target Hire Date: Immediate
Doctor Evidence is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company based in Santa Monica, California. DRE is a healthcare technology company that provides SaaS (Software as a Solution) technologies to help our biopharmaceutical clients make more informed, evidence-based decisions. Dr. Evidence offers a fast-paced, pioneering environment. Our goal is to build an ambitious and energized team, committed to our mission and focused on marketing, but balanced with a respectful, nourishing work environment and lifestyle.
Are you passionate about advancing technology within the Life Sciences and Pharmaceutical industry? Do you have deep understanding of the pharmaceutical drug development lifecycle and experienced in technology that advances that lifecycle?
The Sales Solution Engineer is the value creator responsible for identifying and articulating the business value of the Dr. Evidence solutions in the customer environment. This role partners with Business Development as the technical expert on all aspects of Dr. Evidence technology and software solutions. They work in tandem with the sales team to shape our business and drive solutions that will directly influence business outcomes with clients in the Pharmaceutical and Biotech industries. The Sales Solution Engineer is the trusted advisor throughout the sales cycle, providing product support, giving technical demonstrations and translating technical capabilities into Life Sciences use cases.
Sales Solution Delivery:
- Position yourself as a go-to consultative resource and solutions expert for the greater business development team. Supporting sales executives with solution selling into prospect account base.
- Partnering with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles.
- Build solution workflows based on client needs; Gains customer acceptance by demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Successfully match customer pain/requirements to proposed solutions.
- Create and deliver powerful presentations and demos that clearly communicate the uniqueness of the value proposition.
- Manage all technical aspects of RFI/RFP.
- Develop / maintain standard sales demonstrations and Technical Solutions knowledgebase.
- Design, build, and run proof of concept pilots with prospective customers.
- Prepare solutions Hand-off plan to support CS team in growing account relationship.
- Maintain a firm understanding and knowledge of our product offerings/technology including new releases and updates.
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and develop steps and processes to improve.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and BD teams for optimizing the performance of DRE platforms and the content running on the platforms.
- Communicate with customer for technical support at various phases of adoption.
- Answer day-to-day technical questions from the Business Development and Marketing team.
- Collect and document competitive intelligence.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- 5-8+ years sales, pre-sales, solutions engineering or architecting, or field engineering role or customer success experience with technical pre and post-sales and/or technical consulting architecture experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the drug development lifecycle; pharmaceutical and/or CRO experience;
- Knowledge or experience working with technology in one or more of the following Pharmaceutical departments: Regulatory Affairs, Labeling, Medical Affairs, RWE, HEOR, PV, Commercial, IT and/or R&D
- Advanced knowledge of the IT industry, with the capacity to learn and retain knowledge about individual products and business solutions quickly and accurately.
- Track record of building deep technical relationships with senior execs in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Highly effective communicator, with the ability to engage with all levels of management and present complicated technical concepts in layman’s terms; make the complex simple.
- Proven ability to juggle many tasks, move forward in ambiguous situations, and adhere to deadlines in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Demonstration of an “ownership mentality,” with a passion for delivering on commitments and owning results.
- Highest level of professional integrity and honesty, as well as personal credibility.
- Education requirement: BS/BA required; Masters a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce, Hubspot or similar platforms.