Marketing Communications Manager
Santen is a specialized pharmaceutical company with a 130-year heritage focused exclusively on ophthalmology. With sales in over 60 countries, Santen’s 4,000 global employees work to deliver life-changing therapies that make hope a reality for people facing vision impairment and loss. Santen Inc., located in Emeryville, CA (North America HQ), contributes important research & development and commercialization efforts. This office is home to about half of our 300-total staff in North America, including our Toronto, Canada site and our recent acquisitions of Eyevance Pharmaceuticals (Fort Worth, TX) and InnFocus (Miami, FL).
Since inception in 2017, Eyevance remains dedicated to advancing ocular health through the development and commercialization of innovative and impactful topical ophthalmic products targeting the ocular surface and anterior segment that enable optimal vision and better quality of life, while also ensuring patient access for all patients throughout the U.S. In September 2020, Eyevance was acquired by Santen.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position will be responsible for supporting marketing communications and operations across all brands, working closely with the internal marketing team, as well as external agency partners. This position will report to the VP of Marketing and have significant interaction with cross-functional teams. The Marketing Communications Manager will be the “quarterback” for all aspects of the marketing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Manage all marketing communication activities, including the creation and modification of promotional and educational material for eye care professionals and patients
- Maintain consistent and strategically aligned messaging across marketing channels
- Engage external agency partners, when appropriate, while closely managing SOWs and timelines for defined projects
- Serve as the lead with our trade publication partners to align potential tactics with brand strategy
- Establish KPIs and monitor effectiveness of marketing initiatives to optimize marketing tactics over time
- Monitor marketing inventory and prepare weekly reports for management
- Manage brand presence/promotion on social media
- Actively participate in agency-led development of messaging platforms, review and recommend revisions to the creative brief and creative assets
- Partner with media agency to optimize spend, media partners and initiatives
- Manage med-legal review process/changes for all promotional materials, and work closely with regulatory affairs to ensure SOP compliance and timely FDA submissions
- Help manage national and regional trade show scheduling, logistics and budget management
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or combination of equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing Communications, ideally all within the pharmaceutical (preferred), biotechnology or medical device industry
- Ophthalmic experience preferred
- Veeva experience preferred
- Trade show management experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong tactical and operational mindset, with the ability to manage timelines
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and work independently under tight deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstration of successful working relationships with external stakeholders / KOL’s
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, professionalism, and adaptability
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Santen requires anyone working on-site or visiting company offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Santen.