Director, Marketing Communications
MaxCyte is a leading provider of cell-engineering platform technologies to advance innovative cell-based research, development, and commercialization of next-generation cell therapies. The company's existing customer base ranges from large biopharmaceutical companies — including 20 of the top 25 pharmaceutical companies based on 2020 global revenue — to hundreds of biotechnology companies and academic translational research centers. MaxCyte has granted 14 strategic platform licenses to commercial cell therapy developers that allow for more than 75 clinical programs. Founded in 1998, MaxCyte is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland, US.
Job Summary:The Director, Marketing Communications will be responsible for driving a comprehensive and integrated communications strategy aimed at business growth. This role will drive company awareness in various target markets and will develop a customer-facing creative vision. The Director will build and lead a team responsible for planning and delivering marketing assets that promote MaxCyte's products through all stages of customer acquisition and retention. The successful candidate is a collaborative, creative, leader who brings energy and insight to deliver high-impact marketing communications that build brand value and deliver measurable results.
• Ensure marketing initiatives are aligned with key strategies and tactics are tracked to make certain team is performing towards established metrics and business goals.
• Successful development, planning and implementation of marketing campaigns, and key marketing initiatives for brand awareness, education, thought leadership and demand generation
• Effectively collaborate with product management, R&D, and marketing peers and leaders across regions and functions to drive growth
• Develop integrated campaigns that leverage paid, earned, online and offline channels
• Own the website, improve customer engagement, and increase organic traffic from SEO
• Build and execute a PR strategy that raises the company's profile within our industry and with the investment community
• Oversee the development and execution of the company's tradeshow strategy
• Develop and repurpose content for multiple channels and ensure that messaging and stories are coherent, consistent, and optimized for search and user experience
• Develop and institute communications protocols, best practices, and processes that will drive greater efficiencies
• Identify performance metrics to determine impact of marketing initiatives and recommend optimal marketing mix to maximize investment and reach
• Successfully choose external agencies and manage them effectively
• Motivate and inspire employees to do their best work through coaching
• Manage budget and expenses associated with marketing activities
• Comply with all applicable policies regarding health, safety, and environmental policies.
• BS/BA in a scientific or marketing discipline
• 7+ years of experience in brand, creative, or digital marketing; experience in the life sciences or medical device industries is strongly preferred
• Deep experience building and owning innovative marketing campaigns that ultimately drive business growth
• Proven track record of designing, developing, and managing integrated marketing programs
• Knowledge and experience setting and managing digital and social media strategies
• Demonstrated strong leadership and strategic thinking skills
• Effective collaboration and relationship-building skills across internal and external teams
• Experience selecting, hiring, and leading teams of direct hires, vendors, and freelancers
MaxCyte, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter . Please reference Director, Marketing Communications in the subject line.