Senior Manager, Account Development Lead -West
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This position leads, manages, and coaches a regional team of Account Development Leads (ADLs). Primary objectives include assessing regional business opportunities within assigned regional geography and prioritizing Gastro Infusion accounts (IDN Health Systems, Group Practices, hospital systems, and infusion centers) to deliver on contracting goals. The role requires an understanding of buy-and-bill market and contract implications within target accounts. It also requires leadership to compliantly deliver objectives consistent with AbbVie policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Develop, implement and execute effective skill development plans for direct reports. Deliver consistent coaching direction via field travel and engagement with ADLs during business and key account planning discussions.
- Develop, monitor, and advance the development planning process with direct reports.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners (trade finance, legal, compliance, market access, brand team) to deliver on contracting goals
- Hiring and developing a high performing ADL team of direct reports
- Ensure ADL team is compliant with AbbVie policies, procedures, and guidelines
Business Strategy (Analysis, Planning, Execution)
- Integrate approved contracting strategies into regional execution using in-field and National/Regional meetings to elevate regional effectiveness within key account management.
- Work with legal, compliance, brand team, and training to develop a robust ADL training to ensure ADLs deliver contracting objectives in a compliant manner.
- Work with Market Access and Trade peers to understand the changing healthcare landscape, proactively identify potential health system opportunities, and conceptualize approach using creativity and innovation within approved standards and resources.
- Lead the analysis and application of contracting data in coordination with direct reports and internal partners to inform business understanding, strategic planning, and execution to achieve contracting objectives.
- Drive regional execution of business planning and Key Account planning process. This includes leading the effective assimilation of evolving account targeting and implementation of approved contracting strategies into regional execution.
- Engage with prioritized accounts directly to establish and maintain relationships with account decision makers in support of advancing organizational objectives.
- At least ten years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or other aspects of the health care system with experience in buy-and-bill contracting, account management, or similar analog
- Previously demonstrated people leadership experience
- Gastroenterology or immunology experience preferred
- Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership; strong executive presence; established ability to work with diverse individuals, customers, and teams
- Outstanding oral, written, and presentation communication skills in particular with account decision makers
- Proven ability to anticipate market events and changes in pricing policies and to timely develop ways to address with customers.
- Advanced understanding of the laws, rules, and regulations governing pharmaceutical contracting and marketing
- Strong aptitude in finance and contracting
- BA or BS required, advanced degree and/or advanced training desirable
- Extensive travel anticipated within given geography (~50%)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.