Senior Software Engineer – LIMS & Lab Informatics
Want to join a team that is redefining innovation in industrial biotech? Arzeda has developed a proven technology platform that merges computational protein design, machine learning, and high-throughput testing to produce proteins and enzymes more efficiently than even Mother Nature. To further accelerate our technology platform, we are searching for a talented software engineer to help build the largest and most comprehensive set of enzyme & protein engineering data the world has seen. This is an opportunity to solve a rich and diverse set of problems crucial to the execution and tracking of the high-throughput laboratory experiments necessary to generate that dataset. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team and play a leading role in building our LIMS and laboratory informatics infrastructure to enable streamlined workflows across all experimental activities at Arzeda, including genetic design, assay development & testing, analytical chemistry, and strain engineering. A deep tech, mission-driven company, we are passionate about our mission to design novel proteins and products that enhance our lives and protect our planet.
The preferred work location for this position is Seattle, Washington. However, remote work from other U.S. locations is a possibility. The position comes with a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, dental insurance, and paid time off, commensurate with applicant qualifications.
- Developing software & extensions for our LIMS, including interfacing services and instruments.
- Developing software tools, workflows, and user interfaces for scientists executing high-throughput laboratory experiments, such as NGS and high-throughput enzyme assays.
- Collaborating with scientists to produce actionable software specifications and requirements.
- Communicating software engineering objectives, approaches, and outcomes to internal stakeholders.
- Mentoring fellow software engineers.
- Fluency in Java and/or Python.
- Software development experience, including modern software practices such as version control and automated testing.
- Experience developing laboratory or bioinformatics workflows, and/or biological databases.
Inquiries and Applications
For further information about this position and to apply please click "Apply" and send your CV and a cover letter
Arzeda Corp. (www.arzeda.com) is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace.