Senior Director, Global Market Research & Analytics
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.Summary The Senior Director, Global Oncology Market Research and Forecasting provides strategic business insights for DS oncology pipeline compounds and launched brands. The role will have a strong understanding on the brand and therapeutic area and will be responsible to plan and execute primary and secondary market research and analytics and translate them into strategic implications and actionable recommendations to the key internal stakeholders. Plan and execute primary and secondary global market research and analytics for oncology pipeline compounds and launched brands to support driving the strategic decision that has global implications. Responsibilities include planning and execution, vendor selection and management, budget proposal and management and providing final results associated with strategic implications and actionable recommendations to the key internal stakeholders. Responsible for synthesizing insights from MR & CI into forecast assumptions. Oversee the generation of key forecasts and related deliverables for pipeline and inline asset(s) in scope during each forecast cycle (LE, AF, MTP, LTP, etc.) He/she must build trustworthy business relationships with regional stakeholders and external stakeholders including alliance partnerships for core Market Research and Forecasting activities
- Brand Development Support: Plan and execute market research projects necessary to drive the Global Brand Development, including but not limited to demand studies, brand positioning, global core message themes, global launch campaigns, etc.
- Understanding the Market: Continuously monitor global market trends including multichannel communication and competitive intelligence relevant for the DS Oncology pipeline compounds & launched brands, and provide regular analysis update to the internal stakeholders to define the future market and disease area trends. Conduct in-depth analysis on ad-hoc basis for key issues that may impact the key Brand strategies and decisions, such as defining patient segmentation, patient journey, etc.
- Life Cycle Management: Provide support for the development of Life Cycle Strategies by conducting primary and secondary market research which is also fed into forecasting to define the potential of the LCM opportunities.
- Leveraging insights from primary and secondary market research and competitive intelligence, generate forecasts for key deliverables including Latest Estimates, Alliance Forecasts and Mid & Long Term Plans
- Collaborate with Regions and Alliance partners to gain alignment for forecast assumptions and consistently seek ways to identify efficiencies and streamline forecasting processes
- Bachelor's Degree in health sciences, business or marketing required
- MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- 10 or More Years in market research and forecasting & analytics in Pharma/Biotech required
- International business experiences such as having worked in multiple regions and/or worked as Global Team member preferred
- Oncology or hematology experience required
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams required
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.