Facilities Mechanic, R&D Site (South San Francisco, CA)
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. is looking for a Facilities Mechanic for our Research & Development site in South San Francisco. This position primary focus will be providing support to the Facilities Department. This includes but is not limited to creating operational procedures and equipment checklist, conducting preventative maintenance activities which include weekly site inspections, updating the preventative maintenance system and logbooks, conducting system repairs as needed, as well as support site equipment and lab improvements, supporting site expansion activities and minor project management. This role requires an individual that is a self-starter and that can efficiently interface with site personnel, service contractors, and regulatory inspectors as needed.
- Carry out systems troubleshooting and repair for all facilities systems including commercial HVAC, chillers, refrigeration systems (walk-in & reach-in), Process Vac, DI Water Systems, Boilers, BIBO, Generator, and Building management system, BSC’s and fume hoods, perform troubleshooting of laboratory equipment, repair if possible- provide detailed reports to OEM if escalated
- Evaluate site performance and implement improvements/repairs as needed.
- Request site support proposals, review proposals, generate purchase requisitions as needed.
- Support budget planning via identifying budgetary needs, facility modifications/updates, and repairs, including estimates on equipment, labor, materials, and other related costs.
- Guide, train, and support other members of the facilities team in facilities activities.
- Create equipment operational procedures and maintain logbooks to ensure that the site meets all building lease and regulatory requirements.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-10 years practical experience in a Facilities department in semiconductor, biotech, and or equivalent is preferred.
- Must have experience with a CMMS system
- Must have experience with standard office 365 software programs etc…
- Must be part of the site’s Emergency Response Team.
- Must be willing to be on call 24/7 to support site emergencies.
- Must have hands-on experience supporting site facilities infrastructure and equipment as well as supporting new equipment installations.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to work with employees and contractors from varying fields of expertise.
- Must possess excellent system troubleshooting skills and be capable to implement both corrective and preventive action plans.
- Must possess good hands-on maintenance skill and knowledge on major facilities systems including HVAC, chillers, refrigeration systems (walk-in & reach in), boilers, fire protection system, and controls.
- Proficient with Facilities control systems, both PC and PLC based, including practical hands-on experience in installation and implementation.
- Familiar with all applicable regulatory codes such as Uniform Electric Codes and Uniform Building Codes are preferred.
- Individual should be a self-starter and be capable of supporting multiple high priority projects simultaneously while ensuring that all associated project activities are completed on schedule.
- Individual should have good organizational skills and be attentive to details
Please submit resume for Req. #2205 to . Please visit our website at www.sutrobio.com for more information.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and stock options.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in fostering a culture that is inclusive and values diversity in background and opinions. Sutro Biopharma hires extraordinary individuals into every position in the company and is committed to the diversity of our team. Our company progresses without regard of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, disability or citizenship status. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and succeed together.
Salaries listed on jobsites may not be representative of salary ranges at Sutro Biopharma.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., located in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company. Using precise protein engineering and rational design, Sutro is advancing next-generation oncology therapeutics.
Sutro is dedicated to transforming the lives of cancer patients by creating medicines with improved therapeutic profiles for areas of unmet need. To date, Sutro’s platform has led to cytokine-based immuno-oncology therapies, ADCs, vaccines and bispecific antibodies directed at precedented targets in clinical indications where the current standard of care is suboptimal.
The platform allows it to accelerate discovery and development of potential first-in-class and best-in-class molecules through rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships to create optimized homogeneous product candidates.
In addition to developing its own oncology pipeline, Sutro is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel, next-generation therapeutics. As the pace of clinical development accelerates, Sutro and its partners are developing therapeutics designed to more efficiently kill tumors without harming healthy cells.