Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
Sr. Embedded Firmware Engineer
We are seeking a highly-motivated, self-driven and experienced individual to join our team. The firmware engineer will define, develop, and commercialize embedded software for our new DNA Sequencing instrument. Additionally, the firmware engineer should possess technical leadership skills.
- Design, develop and support the firmware systems required for our sequencing instruments
- System integration with hardware and software systems (ability to see big picture integration issues)
- Work with other disciplines (EE, ME, SW) to define requirements, design, test, and debug embedded systems.
- Understanding of real time scheduling and synchronization concepts.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Software Engineering or a related field or significant experience
- 5+ years professional experience.
- Strong software engineering/coding in C/C++
- Experience with STM32/ARM microcontrollers and development tools such as IAR and ST Cube
- Strong embedded systems skills (GPIO, interrupts, timers, PWM, serial comm, and RTOS)
- Experience with components such as ADC, DAC, Stepper & DC motors, Image sensors
- Experience with communication interfaces such as CAN, Ethernet, UART, I2C, SPI, USB
- Familiarity with control systems (PID, closed loop control) in motion and thermal applications
- Experience with lab equipment (DMMs, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers)
- Experience with AGILE development and continuous integration, Confluence, GitHub and JIRA
- Must have excellent debugging and communication skills
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Analytical skills to effectively review and analyze technical problems.
ATTITUDE & ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to make an impact
- Creativity of thought and mindset
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A passion for discovery
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment.
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades and brightness
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.