Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
As a Software Development Engineer in Test at Freenome, you will work to ensure our internal tools are of the highest possible quality, stability, and reliability. You’ll collaborate actively with our world-class team of engineers, scientists, and product managers. You’ll help accelerate our path toward a clinically validated product and improve Engineering’s ability to create top-tier software. You’ll interface with Quality roles across the organization to ensure timelines, validation, and documentation meet or exceed all expectations.
Freenome’s software systems provide the “nervous system” for the company by tracking sample analysis from start to finish, empowering and assisting Lab Technicians and Scientists, and automating our growing collection of cancer-fighting robots. This nervous system is built using modern software development technologies and methodologies.
How you’ll contribute:
- Develop detailed, well structured test cases, test plans, QA strategies and processes for web-based systems
- Partner with software development teams and stakeholders to ensure that the software meet or exceed our quality standards
- Perform functional, regression, integration, end-to-end, security, load, and performance testing
- Develop and utilize automated test scripts
- Perform compliant system validations, verifications, and document testing results (e.g., for FDA)
- Work within our Agile team structure to test development deliverables and deliver comprehensive QA test reports
What you’ll bring:
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas
- 4+ years experience in SDLC principles, Agile practices, methodologies, and an issue tracking platform (e.g., Jira)
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
- Expertise testing web applications, REST APIs, and microservices
- Expertise with various Software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Expansive knowledge of test automation frameworks and automation design patterns
- Ability to work and communicate with cross-functional teams (Engineers, Researchers, Lab Technicians)
- Experience writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Expertise to build automated test using SQL and at least one scripting language
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Experience with Python, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience verifying and documenting global HIPAA, CLIA, and/or FDA regulations
- Experience with web development
Freenome has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, our employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Freenome is on a mission to empower everyone with the tools they need to detect, treat, and ultimately prevent cancer.
We have pioneered the most comprehensive multiomics platform for early cancer detection through a routine blood draw. By combining deep expertise in molecular biology with advanced computational biology and machine learning techniques to recognize disease-associated patterns among billions of circulating, cell-free biomarkers, we are developing simple and accurate blood tests for early cancer detection and integrating the actionable insights into health systems to operationalize a machine learning feedback loop between care and science.
Our recent $270 Million Series C brings our financing to over $500 million from investors, including; Bain Capital, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Polaris Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., GV (formerly Google Ventures), Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures, Data Collective Venture Capital, Novartis and Verily Life Sciences.
Freenome is building technology to advance the understanding of cancer through multiple analytes derived from blood. These signals include cell-free DNA, methylation of cell-free DNA, cell-free RNA, circulating proteins, and immune profiling derived from thousands of prospective samples. By developing novel statistical learning methods and applying them to integrate various -omics datasets, Freenome is a leader in modeling specific biological mechanisms to capture disease-dependent signatures, including gene expression, immune response, tumor burden, the tissue of origin, and 3D chromatin structure.
By building comprehensive discovery datasets and modeling critical biological systems, Freenome is learning what biological changes are present within the blood between a variety of different disease states, including cancer, autoimmune disorders, infections, drug response, and aging. The synthesis of Freenome’s datasets, cross-functional technical expertise, and audacious mission to discover biological truth, we seek to improve the lives of millions through early detection and early treatment of disease.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic, and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
We value empathy, integrity, and trust in one another, and we respect the diverse perspectives of our colleagues and those we serve. We assume positive intent and give each other the benefit of the doubt with the firm belief that we are a team working toward the same objectives. We believe in empowering and supporting each other in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
What does a successful person look like at Freenome?
Those who thrive at Freenome prioritize, manage, and execute their own goals with ownership and alignment with those of the company. They embrace our values of empathy, integrity, striving for greatness, servant leadership, trust, and holding themselves and their team accountable to these values. They crave collaboration with brilliant minds from disparate fields of study and believe that hiring and mentorship are fundamental to our success. Above all, they welcome and provide constructive feedback and criticism, trusting in others’ good intentions, and being secure in knowing that embracing mistakes is the best way to learn and grow. For those who pursue challenges, understudied problems, and want the opportunity to see their work impact the lives of millions of people affected by cancer every year, there’s no better place to be than Freenome.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.