Full Stack Developer, Data Science
Scorpion Therapeutics is a precision oncology company founded in February 2020 by a preeminent group of scientists from Harvard University/Massachusetts General Hospital – Keith Flaherty, M.D., Gaddy Getz, Ph.D. and Liron Bar-Peled, Ph.D. The company has raised $270M in Series A and Series B financings led by blue-chip investors, including Atlas Venture, Boxer Capital of Tavistock Group, EcoR1 Capital, LLC, Omega Funds, and Vida Venture.
Scorpion Therapeutics’ mission is to serve oncology patients by discovering and developing best-in-class and first-in-class small molecule cancer medicines that address large patient segments with significant unmet medical needs. To accomplish this mission, we are building a highly collaborative team focused on the pursuit of novel approaches to small molecule drug discovery. This approach relies upon dynamic collaboration between cancer biology, proteomics, data science, structural biology and medicinal chemistry – with the ultimate goal of realizing the full potential of targeted/precision oncology.
We are seeking a highly motivated Full Stack Developer to join our Data Science team in Boston. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the company data ecosystem – working on development of web tools for scientific data exploration. This role will provide exposure to multiple phases of drug discovery and an opportunity to be a key contributor on a diverse, multidisciplinary team working on cures for cancer.
- Develop and maintain internal web-portal to enable data discovery, visualization, and analysis.
- Work closely with company scientists to gather and implement feedback.
- Adhere to code documentation and version control best practices.
- Maintain excellent communication across internal and external team members.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Experience in front-end development using React, Angular or any other modern framework.
- Experience in SQL database enabled back-end development.
- Good hands-on experience in Python Restful API development.
- Experience in data visualization.
- Experience working with AWS cloud environment.
- Working knowledge of Java is highly desired.
- Experience with Nextflow DSL is a plus.
Company will not sponsor H1B or GC for this position.
Scorpion Therapeutics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to create and maintain a diverse working environment. We do not discriminate for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Beginning October 13, 2021, Scorpion Therapeutics requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.