Computational Protein Designer
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Computational Protein DesignerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will apply and develop computational methods to advance drug discovery.Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for applying modeling and informatics techniques to impact and accelerate the drug discovery process.
- Responsible for developing novel computational methods and as well as partnering with external collaborators.
- Be adept at working in teams, and will initiate and drive partnerships with interdisciplinary groups within Amgen.
- Represent the department on cross-functional teams, as well as growing your external scientific presence through presentations and publications.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientist professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry, Engineering or a related discipline plus relevant postdoctoral experience
- Proficiency in Python or other programming languages
- Experience with applying statistical tools and AI/ML techniques to large data sets
- Familiarity with relevant protein modeling and protein design software packages (MOE, Schrodinger, Rosetta, etc.)
- Experience with developing analysis methodologies and computational workflows for biologics such as antibodies and proteins is a plus
- Desire to be part of a team to translate goals into action, prioritize a range of activities and projects, and forge productive cross-site collaborations with partner functions
- Strong written and verbal communication
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.