Amyris is seeking a Fermentation Scientist to develop, integrate and oversee an outsourced high throughput fermentation platform to complement our in-house capabilities. This individual should be well-versed in fermentation science, laboratory control, CRO
relationships and technology transfer management. The successful candidate will play a key role expanding our laboratory scale capabilities and advancing the state of Amyris’ fermentation science.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of scope of work and contract agreements.
- Establish and document clear responsibilities and timelines for internal Amyris partners and contract facility.
- Overall management of the schedule and logistics.
- Use judgement to evaluate must vs nice to have and plan accordingly.
- Explore technology advancement opportunities.
- Foster team relationship among Amryis partners and contract facility personnel.
- Integrate contract lab data flow into Amyris LIMS.
- Oversee materials flow between facilities.
- Monitor fermentation experiments and advise interventions as needed.
- Manage laboratory control state and serve as point of contact for out of control investigations.
- Mentor internal associates for skills acquisition and career development.
- Broad technical knowledge and lab scale experience in fermentation including strain screening, process development, and analytics.
- Track record successful CRO/CMO relationship management including schedule and materials coordination.
- Independence, with ability to manage work, actions, and expectations is essential.
- Experience using tools and software to analyze large datasets (JMP, Spotfire, etc).
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are an essential characteristic of a successful candidate due to the highly collaborative nature of the position.
- Track record of pursuing objectives to completion correctly and on time.
- Team player and collaborator both within and across functional boundaries.
- Embrace Amyris Core Values.
- Minimum B.S. degree and 6+ years industry experience or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technology transfer experience desired.
- PhD in Fermentation Science, Life Sciences, Engineering, etc. with 2+ years in industry preferred.