Neogene Therapeutics is a pre-clinical stage biotechnology company aiming to change the paradigm of treatment for solid cancers. Our mission is to provide cancer patients with T cell therapies targeting mutated proteins called neo-antigens, which are present on cancer cells as a consequence of DNA mutations. Neogene is developing novel technologies to enable the engineering of ‘designer T cells’ with neo-antigen specificities that display an optimized ability to seek and destroy cancer cells.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to support our personalized TCR Selection Facility as a Bioinformatician. In this position, the candidate will be embedded in the R&D bioinformatics team, focusing on bioinformatics activities for TCR identification and validation at the TCR Selection Facility in support of the Company’s clinical trials. In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for all bioinformatic analyses performed in the context of the personalized TCR Selection Facility and will monitor the quality of these analyses. In addition, the individual will contribute to the development of bioinformatic workflows together with the R&D bioinformatics team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and apply bioinformatics tools to process, analyze, and interpret high throughput datasets obtained using a wide variety of sequencing approaches.
- Maintain Neogene’s T cell therapy BioIT pipeline for the TCR Selection Facility to support TCR target identification & validation.
- Work closely with the TCR Selection Facility core laboratories and experimental biologists in analyzing data, reporting and quality assessment of pipeline results.
- Take initiative to acquire new bioinformatics, statistical or programming skills as needed.
- Support maintenance of the BioIT servers in collaboration with Neogene’s IT team.
- Contribute to innovation of Neogene’s BioIT infrastructure from an analytical point of view.
- Collaborate with external parties providing bioinformatic services and consultancy to the company.
- Presentation of obtained results in internal work discussions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Bioinformatics or 4 plus years of experience in bioinformatics or a closely related field.
- Expert knowledge in either R or Python and Bash is required. Competencies in additional (scripting) languages are a plus.
- Experience with bioinformatic quality management is a strong plus. Experience in regulated environment is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with the analysis and interpretation of large scale NGS data sets by common next-generation sequencing platforms (Illumina, Pacific Bio and Oxford Nanopore) is a plus.
- Experience with Dockers is a plus.
- Experience in the field of immuno-oncology is a plus.
- A strong sense of urgency with regards to work duties and the ability to deliver results based on challenging timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate results to a diverse cross-functional audience.
We are seeking a highly-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills. We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic growth-stage biotech company. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies. We value pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide a unique opportunity to be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed growth-stage biotechnology company.