GreenLight Biosciences is an integrated life sciences company developing safe and effective products that address critical problems facing plant health, human health, and animal health. Through scientific imagination and determination, we are developing products to create a future with a cleaner environment, healthier people, and a stronger food supply chain. At the core of the company’s rapid growth is a proprietary platform for higher quality RNA production at a lower cost and faster speed than has ever been possible.
At GreenLight, we believe inclusion is the way forward. We celebrate the power of working together to address humanity’s challenges, meet the needs of underserved populations, and push the boundaries of scientific discovery. Fueled by our aspiration for a true sense of belonging, our talented teams embody the principles of diversity and equality as we strive to bring food security, medicine, and healthcare to everyone—paving the way for a sustainable future. For more information, visit www.greenlightbio.com.
GreenLight Biosciences is seeking an exceptional, highly-motivated Automation Scientist to join the High-Throughput team in building and optimizing high-throughput molecular biology pipelines to support the ongoing development & optimization of its RNA production platform and discovery efforts. The successful candidate will have a rare opportunity to have a broad impact on improving R&D productivity and efficiency by developing new automation workflows and improving existing ones as tools for rapid process development and production for several milestone-driven projects in the agricultural and human health spaces.
Proficiency in working with, programming, and maintaining automation equipment, translating bench-scale workflows to automated liquid handlers, optimizing integrated workflows combined with hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques, and a continued desire to learn additional skills is required. The role will provide exposure to different projects, interact with different teams and allow gaining experience in working with different instruments. Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems, are essential.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters in molecular biology, chemical engineering, bioengineering, or related fields with 2+ years of relevant automation focused industrial experience or Bachelors in molecular biology, chemical engineering, bioengineering or related fields with 4+ years of relevant automation focused industrial experience is required
- Proficiency in using and programming liquid handlers and other automation equipment is required
- Experience using the Hamilton Star or similar liquid handlers with extensive experience troubleshooting software and hardware problems is required
- Experience with executing & developing high throughput microtiter plate-based assays, enzyme assays etc. is highly desired
- Proficiency in streamlining automated workflows and familiarity with computer networking and automated integration is highly desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Strong background in molecular biology with proficiency in standard wet lab techniques, including PCR, in vitro transcription, nucleic acid isolation, and characterization, transformation, cloning, etc. is required
- Familiarity with techniques for metabolite, protein & nucleic acid isolation, detection & quantitation as well as the development of enzyme assays is a plus
- Experience in process development, statistical design of experiments & modeling is highly desired
- Must be a highly motivated and hard-working individual with strong interpersonal skills
Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GreenLight requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for its employees consistent with OSHA guidelines.