Automation Instrumentation & Controls Technical Specialist
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.What You Will Achieve
Working with Pfizer’s dedicated engineering group, you will play a critical role in support to site utility automation control systems and improve manufacturing success rates by ensuring zero down time. You will be a member of Pfizer’s highly effective utility automation team. Supporting the lifecycle of automated control systems, while ensuring compliance with safety procedures, quality standards, OSHA standards, best practices, and corporate initiatives. You will implement strategies and methods improving systems operations and performance.
It is your dedication and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Provide technical hands-on troubleshooting support of automated control systems.
- Interact directly with engineering, manufacturing, maintenance, research group, contractors, and security in support of project and sustainable activities.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation of control systems, schematics, and panel drawings.
- Support Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) activities including the qualification of control systems and control systems components.
- Review, mark-up, and approval of documents.
- Working accordance with SOPs, cGMPs, safety procedures, quality standards, OSHA standards.
- Provide technical support for equipment and process improvement initiatives using good engineering practices, simple & advanced problem-solving techniques.
- Suggest improvements and conduct continuous improvement activities.
- Licensed electrician preferred however low voltage experience/certification is acceptable.
- Candidate must have 5+ years in pharmaceutical, manufacturing or laboratory environment.
- Candidate must have strong hands-on control panel troubleshooting skills.
- Candidate must have attention to detail, along with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Capable of working independently and complete deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Instrumentation & Calibration experience.
- Building Automation, Security System or PLC / SCADA skills.
- Candidate must have the ability to read & modify P&ID, Schematic, and control panel drawings.
- Proficient with using multi-meters, device communicators and software analytic programs.
- Computer & networking experience (Ethernet, Modbus, RS485, Remote I/O, DH+, RSLinx, RSLogix).
- NFPA70E - Electrical Safety Qualification.
- Ability to program and troubleshoot VFD’s.
- Control panel design, fabrication, and wiring skills.
- Must be able to gown for entering controlled areas.
- Physical conditions may include Lifting, sitting, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform data analysis.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Engineering#LI-PFE