Research Associate 1 / 2, AAV Purification
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Research Associate 1/2, AAV Purification
The Genetics Research and Delivery group is seeking an energetic research associate for the Vector and Protein Sciences team. Candidate is expected to support research grade AAV purification using standard chromatography and/or ultracentrifugation procedures in support of Research gene therapy programs. Candidate should have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, troubleshoot in collaboration with team members and managers, critically analyze and interpret data, and effectively communicate results to stake holders. Candidate will have an opportunity to work with multiple AAV capsids, develop and adopt cutting edge vector purification and analytical methodologies, and be a productive member of exploratory and pipeline project teams. Candidate is expected to keep experimental records and provide regular updates to the team.
Education & Experience:
Research Associate 2:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience; Master’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience
- BS/MS in Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering or related field
- 2-3 years relevant experience in a laboratory setting is essential, ideally in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- 1-2 years of experience in AAV Purification, through the use of chromatography platforms such as AKTA Avant and Pure, as well as non-chromatography methods, is highly desirable.
- Moderate experience in HPLC or FPLC use is desirable. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required and statistical software (JMP, GraphPad) is desired.
- Accurate record keeping is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience or minimal experience with Masters
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.