QC Analyst I
Pacira BioSciences, Inc. is a leading provider of non-opioid pain management and regenerative health solutions dedicated to improving outcomes for health care practitioners and their patients. Our in-depth knowledge of non-opioid pain management, coupled with our passion for advancing patient care, drives our commitment to providing solutions that address unmet medical needs and improve clinical results.
Why work with us?
Rarely do you have an opportunity to do work that really matters. What drives us is our mission. What makes us successful are our people. At Pacira, you are part of an inclusive culture that fosters collaboration, growth, and innovative thinking - a place where you can make an impact and help change the standard of care in non-opioid pain management. Be part of our movement, let’s pursue excellence together.
The purpose of this position is to carry out assigned laboratory duties which may include sampling, testing, and evaluating analytical data on samples such as raw materials, in-process and final products.
- Conduct laboratory tests in compliance with established internal Standard Test Methods, compendial methods and vendor partners supplied methods.
- Assist in the development and improvement of written procedures.
- Maintain organized records of tests performed and results obtained. This may include maintaining a computer accessible database for the purpose of tracking and trending analytical data.
- Assist in performing laboratory investigations. Write investigation report as required.
- Maintain a level of technical knowledge and understanding in the assigned areas of responsibility that are consistent with the current scientific requirements of the company.
- Understand and comply with accepted laboratory and safety procedures, including Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Assist in the preparation of analytical data for internal meetings as required.
- Keep laboratory instruments used for testing well maintained.
- Test and release of finished product for US Commercial and Clinical use.
- Test and release of finished product for EU Commercial and Clinical use prior to final QP Certification of batches for EU distribution.
- Test and release of Raw Materials for US and EU Commercial and Clinical use.
This position works closely with other Operation Groups (QA, Manufacturing, Materials, and Microbiology), Process Development and Analytical Methods Development groups.
- 1 year of relevant hands-on pharmaceutical laboratory experience.
- BS degree in Chemistry from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, graphing, etc.
- Good knowledge of cGMPs and laboratory practices.
- Familiar with basic laboratory instruments.
- Excellent observation skills and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to follow analytical procedures and protocols.
- Good laboratory techniques.
- Ability to work in a methodical and organized fashion.
- Ability to write in a concise, logical fashion.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with a high degree of self motivation.
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal English communication skills.
- Ability to effectively utilize scientific information resources within the assigned area of responsibility.
Pacira is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), veteran status, disability or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Pacira we are committed to intentionally cultivating a culture of inclusion where all feel welcomed and valued for their background, perspectives, and experiences. We hold one another accountable to promote trust and transparency in support of our communities and collective purpose.