Principal or Senior Scientist, Downstream VV Process Development
- High visibility role for a principal or senior scientist/engineer to bring technical expertise and leadership skills in downstream viral vector process development to a well-resourced and pioneering cell therapy startup that values its culture as much as its science.
- Ideal for a motivated and innovative career scientist or career engineer / scientific leader who appreciates having a strategic voice, who values having the resources and support to accomplish aggressive goals, and who would thrive in an environment that promotes innovation, communication, collaboration, and technical and managerial skill building.
- What’s So Special About This Opportunity: Given the current immunotherapy market, there are many open doors to new opportunities. However, not all opportunities nor all companies are the same. Title and compensation or important, but so is the environment in which you work. If you are evolving your career in a consistent and sustainable manner, it's important to land in an organization where you can learn more, accomplish more, and grow more. This unique cell therapy company checks four key boxes for an ideal place to work because it offers the following: 1.) seasoned leadership, 2) cutting-edge science, 3.) exceptionally-skilled co-workers, and 4.) an open & supportive work environment. Bottom-line, this is a unique professional growth opportunity that warrants careful consideration.
- PhD or equivalent experience.
- Several years’ industry experience in downstream viral vector process development including production and purification to advance clinical-stage programs.
- Motivation to apply and build upon technical expertise, leadership, and innovation skills in using phase-appropriate technologies to optimize downstream development and production of clinical-scale viral vector manufacturing to optimize viral robustness, purification, and yield.
- Ability to provide direction in use of tools such as TFF, column chromatography, CQAs, tech transfer, bioreactors, medium-selection, formulation, qPCR, and flow cytometry.
- High EQ leader who shares this organization's commitment to maintaining a collaborative work culture while conducting good science, a technical leader with advanced problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills who's also motivated to cultivate these tools in others.
- Requires San Francisco Bay Area residency and already-established US work authorization.
- Send resume using the link provided or, preferably, EMAIL YOUR RESUME DIRECTLY to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following code on your subject line: VVDPD