Director, Project Management
Position Title: Director, Project Management
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Status: Full Time, Exempt
The Director, Project Management ensures the progress against goals of interdisciplinary project activities coordinated to advance product availability for women’s health. These activities will occur in partnership with the senior leadership, the manufacturing team lead and other key stakeholders in the company. A significant component of the position will be in collaboration management with the quality and manufacturing teams to oversee manufacturing site technology transfer.
In collaboration with other members of staff, the Director, Project Management manages all key operational activities and acts as project liaison between the internal project teams, external partners and multiple collaborators. S/he will specifically identify and manage project-related priorities by identifying and applying state-of-the-art project management tools and best practices, processes and principles to meet goals, timelines, budgets, and relationship management. The Director will oversee the project management function within the organization and will supervise all members of the project management department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with the department heads and team members develop, implement and monitor an integrated operational plan that supports the successful execution of project/program strategy to meet goals for assigned project(s) in accordance with the project goals
- Develop and manage detailed project plan(s) that integrates key activities, timelines, resources, budget, and track the critical path for assigned project(s).
- Ensure uniform processes/documentation between projects including project meeting organization, issuing agendas, documenting project team meeting minutes, tracking, reporting progress on projects and proactively managing follow up and resolution on action items.
- Facilitate coordination of the project activities between functional areas and work with senior management to define roles and responsibilities of team members
- Collaborate with team members to collect and maintain project-related information and prepare for presentations, proposals, plans, updates, issues, recommendations to senior management, and collaborative partners as needed.
- Facilitate decision-making process within the team
- Foster open dialogue within team and build positive team spirit to overcome obstacles
- Facilitate resolution of conflicts between functional groups and external collaborators while maintaining objectivity
- Manage and mentor support staff (e.g. Project Managers, Project Coordinators)
- Support contractual and intellectual property requirements
- Advanced degree in Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences or business field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years Project Management experience within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Strong understanding of the full drug development process is required (ANDA, IND/CTD/NDA) with small molecule, drug-device development and generic drug experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects or multiple smaller projects encompassing Quality, CMC, manufacturing technology transfer, Clinical Development through to regulatory approval and product launch.
- Must be able to work in a matrix environment with experience managing external collaborations and multiple partnerships in academic, small and large biotech or pharmaceutical companies.
- Experienced in manufacturing collaboration management.
- Ability to build strong multidisciplinary cross-functional teams and influence others
- Must have the ability to motivate others, prioritize multiple tasks, and maintain positive interpersonal working relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Excellent understanding and proficiency with Microsoft Office including strong MS Project skills and other project management software and standard Project Management tools and methodologies
- PMP certification desirable
Medicines360 is committed to a diverse workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment for all job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Medicines360 complies with all applicable local, state and national laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.