Systems Integration Engineer
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (NASDAQ: PACB) is helping scientists forge a better understanding of biology by providing a unique long-read sequencing technology that generates more complete and accurate data, giving them more insights. Our sequencing systems allow scientists to characterize genomes, transcriptomes, and epigenomes from any organism. Scientists use our technology in areas such as human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies. Become part of the new paradigm in long-read sequencing and help shape the future of genomic study by joining the PacBio team.
The Systems Integration Engineer will be a key contributor to the Systems Integration Team. The engineer will work in a multi-disciplinary environment, being hands-on with the integration and development of prototype instruments. The engineer will be involved with all phases of development, from product conception, development, and through product launch. The ideal candidate will be able to work both in and out of their specialty and develop subject matter expertise across multiple sub-systems and systems. The ability to work effectively and collaboratively and communicate clearly with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment is critical.
- Development of prototype instrumentation from subsystem to the system level
- Perform characterization of systems, root cause analysis, and support of existing hardware
- Design and develop tools to troubleshooting and assist analysis
- Troubleshooting and failure analysis across disciplines on a variety of novel platforms
- Collaboration and communication with team members as well as departments company wide.
- Translate knowledge and hands-on experience into technical instructions, procedures, and documentation.
- Demonstrate skills in the following areas: problem solving, conflict resolution, and customer and stakeholder interactions.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- BS or higher in Engineering
- 1+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience with hardware/instrumentation is required, biotech industry is preferred
- Experience with instrumentation hardware – mechanical, fluidics, optics
- Knowledge of basic chemistry is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools such as Excel and Word is a must
- Familiarity with Confluence and JIRA is preferred
- Proficiency in Python, MATLAB, LabView, JMP and/or other similar tools is a plus.
- Strong organizational, presentation and customer relationship skills.
ATTITUDE & ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability and willingness to make an impact
- Creativity of thought and mindset
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A passion for discovery
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades and brightness
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.