Materials Handler II - GMP/Biotech/Pharma
Sanaria is a biotechnology company dedicated to the production of a vaccine protective against malaria caused by the pathogen Plasmodium falciparum. The company is located in Rockville (MD). We are looking for a detail oriented, dedicated, committed team player who is willing to undertake a diversity of tasks on our Materials Management Team.
The Material Handler is responsible for the receipt, inventory, storage and labeling of raw materials. These materials are stored at temperatures ranging from ambient (room temperature) to below freezing with potentially hazardous properties. This position uses database applications and standard precautionary procedures to work independently, be self-directed, communicate effectively, and use good judgment when making decisions. Internal interaction occurs under the guidance of experienced professional or technical staff.
- Affix all required quarantine and release labels.
- Operate office computers to input raw materials data, create labels, and print labels.
- Restock warehouse shelves from back-up supplies.
- Check inventory levels against physical inventory.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance of the GMP area.
- Works closely with materials management colleagues to support internal customer inquiries, discrepancies, inventory maintenance and database updates.
- Participate in process improvement activities.
- Assure compliance to cGMP parts 210 and 211 and company quality systems.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs), facility safety guidelines, and Food & Drug Administration (FDA) requirements which may include compliance with cGMP CFR parts 210 and 211 where applicable.
- Role models behavior consistent with our company values of Integrity,
- Intensity, Innovation & Involvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent; Life Science Degree preferred.
- Prefer 1-3 years’ work experience in biotech, pharmaceuticals or related field.
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Ability to work in a cold environment with exposure to dry ice, liquid nitrogen cryogenics, hazardous and infectious agents, marked changes in temperature.
- Must use personal protective equipment and adhere to safety protocols.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to process and handle materials frozen on dry ice (-78°C) or liquid nitrogen (-196°C).
- Must be able to use a computer up to 6 hours per day.
- Experience working in GMP environment a plus
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to careers(at)sanaria.com, subject line: Materials Handler. Immediately availability is a plus. Applicants must be authorized for long term employment in the US without sponsorship. Sanaria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.