Automation Engineer is responsible for performing a variety of skilled technical duties and skilled labor related to electrical, mechanical, and control aspects in the utilities, such, work in the BMS software programs update for the HVAC system, electrical installation, and control installation, as well troubleshooting, and repair the control systems.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. The technician is expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document
- Generate the procedures and forms for the maintenance process in the control system.
- Troubleshoots and repairs pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment, including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges, and test equipment.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown in alignment with OSHA requirements
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed
- Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting
- Assists and trains other maintenance and/or other technical level employees
- Must be able to operate tools safely
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must perform preventative maintenance and routine control system checks
- Participate in a teamwork atmosphere and contribute to various continuous improvement projects and processes
- Recognize and define problems, collect data, and develop conclusions
- Must be able to read and follow work instructions, procedures, and policies
- Receptive to training and performing functions in multiple areas
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment
- Must be able to successfully function within a team environment and be able to adapt to change
- Communicates effectively with others using both verbal and written skills
- Performs other duties as required
- Performs various types of tests on mechanical and electrical equipment (Amperage, Volts, resistance, etc.)
- Repairs whatever problem with the HVAC control system
- Repairs, maintains, installs, inspects, troubleshoots, and adjusts various mechanical and electrical equipment at the facility. Equipment includes but is not limited to valves, motors, and many different types of pumps.
- Operates, adjusts, and performs basic maintenance on chillers, AHU, boilers, compressors, water treatment units, chemical mixing, and other equipment to ensure compliance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Initiates work orders and requests repairs by writing work orders. Ensures work orders are accurate and complete.
- Reads meters, gauges, charts, and a variety of instruments.
- Performs record-keeping functions such as; logging information regarding plant operations, test results from process lab, maintenance work performed, and unusual operating conditions.
- Uses and maintains a variety of hand and power tools.
- Required to respond to emergency callouts when is needed and reside within a 15-minute response time to New Vision Pharmaceuticals, LLC.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department by offering suggestions and participating as an active member of a team
- Support calibration activities
In addition to performing the essential functions, this position may require to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time achieving each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the plant:
- Team member for problem-solving to maintenance-related issues.
- Responsible for participation in internal plant audits.
- Participates in cross-training in Maintenance areas of responsibility.
- Promotes safe operating and working procedures.
- Keeps working relationships with the staff and personnel contacted in the course of duties.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Troubleshooting and repairing a variety of electrical/mechanical problems with a clear working understanding of Electrical Codes, Standard Procedures, and guidelines.
- Knowledge of Safety regulations, principles, practices, related facilities and equipment. Also, Knowledge of safety data sheets (SDS)
- Performing skilled maintenance work in a safe and efficient manner
- Must have legible handwriting, and the ability to perform accurate documentation
- Must have good basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- Must be organized, capable of following instructions, and have the ability to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team unit goals, objectives, and activities
- Familiar with safety protocols associated with lock-out/tag-out
- Must have the skills and judgment necessary to operate test meters, measurement tools, pallet jacks, scissors lifts, and forklifts safely and without damage to materials, equipment, or facilities.
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours to meet the requirements of the position.
- See well enough to read, write and make observations.
- Hear well enough to converse on the radio, telephone, and in person.
- Bodily mobility to walk, bend, stand, crouch or climb for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically able to operate hand and power tools, vehicles, and heavy equipment.
- Must be physically able to lift equipment as necessary.
- Must be able to wear gowning and other personal protection as required for entry and work in New Vision, LLC facilities.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and must be able to manipulate 55-gallon drums.
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
High School Diploma or GED certificate supplemented by formal technical coursework
At least two (2) years of direct experience in electrical and mechanical labor in a comparable position. Requires direct experience with Preventative Maintenance Programs, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two years of experience working with Distech Software.
New Vision Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive benefits package including PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as supplemental insurance (accident, cancer, hospitalization, long-term care, short-term disability, and pet insurance) and 401K plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer