Facilities Maintenance Technician III
Job Req code: 918
We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others. Empowering Healing.
Organogenesis’s headquarters are located in Canton, Massachusetts. Our Massachusetts locations house manufacturing for PuraPly AM (heals acute and chronic wounds), Apligraf® (for the treatment of surgical wounds), ReNu® (regenerative and anti-inflammatory properties that create an environment that reduces pain) and NuCel® (provides an enhanced environment for tissue growth, repair, and healing). Our customer service, reimbursement and corporate offices support all of products as well in Canton, MA.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician III - Norwood will use abilities and knowledge to lead troubleshooting, repair, and contribute to the uninterrupted operation of all process and non-process equipment and utilities. They will also schedule, execute and document all preventive maintenance for said utilities/equipment. They will interact with contractors for capital improvements and repair, as well as monitor trends and provide reports on equipment status and condition through the automated building control system and maintain spare parts inventory.
This individual will work a Monday-Friday schedule within regular business hours, and must have flexibility to participate in a 10:00am-6:00pm rotation.
- Executing all preventive maintenance, including scheduling with internal stakeholders
- Troubleshooting and repairing equipment and components
- Performing all required plumbing, electrical, boiler, GMP utilities, and HVAC repairs
- BMS & CMS monitoring and alarm response
- Participating in off-hours on-call rotation
- Ensure efficient communication with team members
- Provide clear and complete turnover reports, including follow up activities
- Coordination of daily documentation logs, alarm reports, work orders, and cleaning logs
- Evaluation of SOP’s and Emergency Procedures
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating small projects
- Performing other assignments as directed by manager or lead technician
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Preference given to applicants with a Biotech certificate
- Quality systems regulations (cGMP) knowledge required
- Clean room experience preferred but not required
- Maritime School (Mass, Maine, SUNY) experience a plus
- Good communication and crisis management skills
- Above average technical writing skills for GMP documentation
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Must display a customer-oriented attitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Frequently is required to stand and talk or hear; and walk or sit
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly lift and/or move tools, materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds
- Medium work - exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently or an amount greater than negligible and up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of these for Light Work.
- Frequently around loud noises
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock