Job Req code: 884
Organogenesis corporate headquarters is located in Canton, Massachusetts, including manufacturing, R&D, customer service, reimbursement and other corporate teams supporting our full range of products. We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing.
The Senior Accountant will be a key member involved in the month-end close process, financial analysis, as well as internal and external reporting requirements. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting & Reporting.
- Prepare monthly internal financial statements and assist with management financial reporting package.
- Work directly with FP&A team on budget to actual variance analysis.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of public reports including 10-K and 10-Q.
- Prepare detailed work papers to support financial statement disclosures and SEC filings.
- Provide meaningful and accurate financial analysis on specific accounts on a monthly basis through preparation of variance reports.
- Support the monthly close process, including the preparation and posting of journal entries as well as maintenance of support schedules.
- Completion of account reconciliations including research on adequacy of account balances and analysis of fluctuations over prior periods.
- Review and assist with the implementation of new accounting policies under U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Interact professionally and collaboratively with management and other departments within the company.
- Assist with SOX 404 internal control documentation and testing.
- Collaborate with external audit staff for quarter-end reviews and year-end audit work.
- Act as a key team member representing the Accounting department in the ERP implementation of Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis, as necessary.
- 5+ years of experience in general accounting, public experience, and CPA a plus.
Bachelor's degree required
Ability to adhere to tight reporting deadlines.
Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Experience with ERP systems. Experience with Microsoft AX/Dynamics 365 is a plus.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often sitting for long periods of time.
- Reading a computer monitor.
- Operating office equipment including computer, desk phone, copy machine, scanner, printer.
- Office environment
- No adverse environment conditions expected