Scientist I/II Research and Development
Job Req code: 805
Category: Research & Development
We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing. Organogenesis is a leading regenerative medicine company focused on the development, manufacture, and commercialization of product solutions for the advanced wound care, surgical and sports medicine markets.Organogenesis in Canton, MA is seeking a motivated and responsible candidate for a Scientist I/II position. The candidate must show initiative, strong communication skills, relevant scientific knowledge/experience, and be a team player. Excellent attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and good organizational skills are essential to being successful in this position. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains responsibility for routine laboratory instrumentation and supplies.
Initiates investigation of new experimental approaches to specific problems using scientific theory and technical literature.
Applies scientific expertise in interdisciplinary fields such as cell biology, biomaterial science & engineering, tissue engineering, and wound healing towards product development activities
Plans and executes well-defined scientific projects. Uses defined practices and theoretical knowledge to perform analysis, interpret results and determine appropriate action.
Authors or co-authors scientific publications.
Utilizes relevant information, technology and resources to contribute to complex team problem resolution and objectives.
- Oversees relevant product performance testing such as biocompatibility or performance
- Keeps current with the scientific literature in the area(s) of key responsibilities including literature reviews and directed research as needed
- Assists with grant proposal writing as needed
- Provides scientific guidance and training to the junior staff, and other departments, as needed Prepares technical reports and presents data/findings within R&D and cross functional teams
- Ensures that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintains a clean and orderly environment.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with standard laboratory practice and procedures.
- Assist in ordering and receiving laboratory supplies. Applies company policies and procedures. Ability to travel for work up to 25%
- Ph.D. Degree in biology, engineering or other relevant scientific specialty required
- Knowledge of a variety of standard laboratory procedures and techniques; of laboratory equipment and terminology; and of laboratory hazards and safety practices.
- Experience with Cell Culture, PCR, ELISA assays, and other relevant laboratory procedures
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, biohazards etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Ability to work organized and in an autonomous fashion.
- Knowledge of FDA requirements for medical devices and biologics
- Knowledge of standardized product testing
- Experience and training in the in vivo research
- Knowledge of skin regeneration and wound care research
- Working knowledge of advanced statistical concepts and software