Research Scientist / Senior Research Scientist, Translational Science
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Oncology Translational Science team. As Arvinas’ portfolio of preclinical and clinical programs continues to expand, the candidate for this position will have a tremendous opportunity to help us drive our translational strategy for current and upcoming clinical stage oncology PROTAC drug candidates. We are seeking an experienced scientist who is passionate about advancing novel cancer therapies for a laboratory-based position. This individual will have strong experimental skills which will be used to design and execute experiments using a variety of molecular and cellular biology techniques to support studies aimed at selecting disease indications for clinical development, identifying pharmacodynamic and patient selection biomarkers to utilize in clinical studies, developing drug combination strategies and characterizing mechanisms of drug resistance.
This position reports to Executive Director, Oncology Translational Science and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute studies to evaluate mechanisms of resistance, rational drug combinations, new disease indications and potential pharmacodynamic and patient selection markers for clinical studies to support oncology translational strategies for programs in early to later stages of drug development
- Interact and collaborate with biology, chemistry, translational and clinical team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Document, compile and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/ or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner
- Present data and project plans internally and externally, as appropriate
- Keep up to date on relevant scientific literature
- Solid understanding of cancer biology and/or immuno-oncology is highly desirable
- Previous industry experience and a good understanding of the drug development process from lead identification through clinical trials are desirable
- Expertise in molecular and cellular biology techniques, such as cell culture, DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, immunoblotting, and cell-based and biochemical assays such as cell proliferation, ELISA, MSD, and flow cytometry, and RNA expression profiling to characterize effects of drug treatment on cells lines in vitro and in tumor samples
- Innovative and creative individual with the ability to work independently and in a team environment, to prioritize in experimental design and data analysis, and to take ownership of multiple projects
- Well organized and demonstrated ability to prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in in biochemistry, cell or molecular biology, pharmacology, medical science, or related fields
- Ph.D. with 0 – 5 years of post-doctoral training or experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry, or BS/ MS with 10+ years of relevant experience in the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer