Senior Associate Scientist / Research Scientist, Biology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This position is laboratory-based, requires strong experimental skills, and the ability to effectively partner with team members to deliver high quality data in support of drug discovery projects carried out in collaboration with external strategic partners
This position reports to a Senior Research Scientist, Biology and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Culture various mammalian tissues for protein purification and expression.
- Design, validate, and execute medium- to high- throughput 96/384 well cell-based and biochemical assays (such as ELISA, In-Cell Western, capillary electrophoresis) to measure target levels, engagement and modifications in response to compound treatment or molecular modulation (e.g. RNAi).
- Analyze, document, compile and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner
- Leverage multiple assay platforms to dissect target biology, function and pathway modulation in response to compounds or molecular modulation.
- Interact and collaborate with biology and chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and program progression.
- Demonstrated experience in methods for assessing protein levels in various bioassays (eg. Western blots, ELISA, In Cell Western, capillary electrophoresis.)
- In vitro and or ex vivo mammalian tissue culture techniques
- Various cellular functional assays (i.e. 2D/3D cellular proliferation assays/cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays/siRNA/shRNA/CRISPR knockdown assays)
- Development and optimization of cell-based and biochemical assays using a variety of readout technologies (e.g. fluorescence, luminescence, TR-FRET, AlphaLISA)
- Excellent data handling and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Work as a team player and be able to multitask. Demonstrated ability to plan experiments independently a plus.
- Experience with protein degraders and small molecules is a plus
- Innovative, independent, motivated and productive problem solver with excellent communication skills who also works effectively in a team setting
- Organized, goal-oriented and timeline-conscious
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently while under general supervision by the project leader
- BS with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or MS in Biology or relevant discipline with 2+ years relevant experience
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer