Associate Director, Purchasing
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The Associate Director, Purchasing will recruit and lead the Purchasing Team and develop new and enhance existing processes to enable the Company to expand its research and development base and prepare for commercialization activities. This high-profile position will be involved in negotiations, monitoring purchase order delivery compliance, establishing terms, and all other facets of the purchasing process. The Associate Director, Purchasing will establish procedures, practices and policies and ensure they are adhered to by the team.
This position reports to the Controller and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT. We are currently in a hybrid working environment.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Prioritizes work assignments and balances multiple tasks, including problem solving, to ensure all Purchasing Department assigned task sets are completed as scheduled.
- Collaborates with scientific and other teams to negotiate terms of services agreements, properly create purchase orders and manage purchase orders in the system.
- Develop the Purchasing Team to grow with a rapidly expanding company, including recruiting new members to the team, developing personnel to create career opportunities, and align the department with Company goals.
- Review current processes and make necessary recommendations to identify cost effective and value-added processes, including selecting and implementing new systems, to procure goods and services.
- Develop and manage key metrics on status of large purchase orders and coordinate with Finance on proper accrual levels.
- Ensure the purchasing personnel are properly trained to perform their duties in a timely and accurate fashion in support of other functional areas.
- Investigate and recommend new sources of supply that provide maximum value by delivering quality goods on time and at a low cost. Work closely with scientific team to develop key strategies.
- Responsible for supplier management from tactical day-to-day ordering, to performance reporting and taking corrective action as required.
- Work closely with the Finance team to resolve challenges for Purchasing and Supply Chain
- Tackles additional tasks willingly and as needed.
- Experience in Biopharmaceutical environment highly desirable.
- Seven (7) plus years buying experience.
- Three (3) years minimum experience in a manager role.
- Ability to solve problems with effective solutions and drives objectivity and a research- and data-driven approach in procurement decision making.
- Understands internal and external customers needs and strives to meet expectations.
- Experience negotiating with vendors; ability to manage external relationships.
- Resourcefulness - Flexible, adjusts readily to new situations and changing priorities while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- C.P.M. or CPSM certification or equivalent a plus.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer