Research Associate-Senior Research Associate, Discovery Biology
Surrozen is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel regenerative medicines with a focus on unlocking the powerful self-renewal properties of the body through specific control of the Wnt signaling pathway.
Surrozen was founded by five leading-edge scientists: K. Christopher Garcia, Ph.D., Roel Nusse, Ph.D. and Calvin Kuo, M.D., Ph.D. from Stanford University; Claudia Janda, Ph.D. from the Princess Maxima Center for Pediatric Oncology; and Hans Clevers, M.D, Ph.D. from the Hubrecht Institute and Princess Maxima Center. Each has conducted extensive research on Wnt signaling, with findings that together shape Surrozen’s technology.
We are currently recruiting a Research Associate-Senior Research Associate to join our Discovery Biology group. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic, and motivated researcher to work in an exciting, collaborative environment with great colleagues who are dedicated to advancing Surrozen’s mission.
- Maintain mammalian cell culture and apply gene expression studies and in vitro functional assays (e.g., RT-qPCR, reporter assays, FACS analysis).
- Develop and optimize protocols for primary cell isolation including the use of FACS/MACS to isolate cells and characterize them.
- Maintain and differentiate iPSC-derived cell cultures
- Investigate gene expression in tissue samples by RT-qPCR, RNA in situ hybridization, and immunohistochemistry.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Molecular/Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline
- Minimum three years years of relevant experience in either an academic lab or industry setting
- Prior experience with RT-qPCR and other basic molecular biology and biochemical techniques is required
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and a range of histology methods is required
- Experience with iPSC differentiation protocols is a plus
- Experience with Organ-On-Chip is a plus
- In vivo experience and cell isolation and characterization from tissues is a plus.
- The desire and motivation to learn new techniques and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and build collaborative relationships is essential
- We offer a dynamic startup environment and a collaborative, passionate team
- Excellent benefits, including competitive employer contributions
- Stock options
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Relocation package can be considered
- Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and SSF Ferry
- State-of-the-art facility complete with bowling alley and onsite gym (see the amenities available at The Cove)