Research Associate-Senior Research Associate, Protein Expression/Assay Develop.
Surrozen is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel regenerative medicines with a focus on unlocking the powerful self-renewal properties of the body through specific control of the Wnt signaling pathway.
Surrozen was founded by five leading-edge scientists: K. Christopher Garcia, Ph.D., Roel Nusse, Ph.D. and Calvin Kuo, M.D., Ph.D. from Stanford University; Claudia Janda, Ph.D. from the Princess Maxima Center for Pediatric Oncology; and Hans Clevers, M.D, Ph.D. from the Hubrecht Institute and Princess Maxima Center. Each has conducted extensive research on Wnt signaling, with findings that together shape Surrozen’s technology and approach to therapeutic development.
The Research Associate-Senior Research Associate Protein Expression/Assay Development position is a great opportunity for experienced associates as well as recent graduates to expand their skills in state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques while accelerating therapeutic discovery and development in regenerative medicine.
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related fields
- Minimum three-year relevant experience in industry or academic setting
- Experience with mammalian suspension cell culture, such as HEK293 and CHO cells
- Experience with cell-based high throughput assays
- Knowledge of secreted recombinant protein expression and cell signaling pathway
- Experience in protein purification using AKTA pure
- Experience with automated systems is a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and make contributions to multiple projects
- Attention to detail, self-motivated
- Perform plasmid transfection in mammalian cells for recombinant protein expression
- Protein purification by the affinity resins, AKTA
- Characterize the property of the purified protein using biochemical and cell-based assays
- Develop and optimize the cell-based assay
- Increase the assay throughput using the automatic instruments
- Maintain a detailed and well-organized record of experiments in an electronic notebook
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player committed to success and getting the job done well in a highly dynamic environment
- Organize time and plan specifics of project related work with oversight from manager
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Work with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team
- Excellent benefits, including competitive employer contributions
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the SSF Ferr
- State of the art research facility complete with bowling alley and onsite gym (see the amenities available at The Cove: http://leasing.covessf.com/toc.cfm)