Research Associate-Senior Research Associate, In vivo Pharmacology
Surrozen is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel regenerative medicines with a focus on unlocking the powerful self-renewal properties of the body through specific control of the Wnt signaling pathway.
Surrozen was founded by five leading-edge scientists: K. Christopher Garcia, Ph.D., Roel Nusse, Ph.D. and Calvin Kuo, M.D., Ph.D. from Stanford University; Claudia Janda, Ph.D. from the Princess Maxima Center for Pediatric Oncology; and Hans Clevers, M.D, Ph.D. from the Hubrecht Institute and Princess Maxima Center. Each has conducted extensive research on Wnt signaling, with findings that together shape Surrozen’s technology and approach to therapeutic development.
We are seeking a creative, self-motivated individual with a passion for experimental science to join our team. The In vivo Pharmacology Research Associate position is a great opportunity to work on cutting edge science to support and accelerate therapeutic discovery for regenerative medicine.
- Help develop and implement disease and injury models for characterization of lead molecules
- Conduct independent in vivo studies and contribute to collaborative activities
- Perform tissue necropsy
- Perform tissue sample analysis, such as clinical biochemistry, ELISA, qPCR and immunohistochemistry.
- Maintain mammalian cell culture, perform gene expression studies and in vitro functional assays (e.g., RT-qPCR, reporter assays, FACS analysis).
- Conduct literature searches for Wnt biology and disease indications
- Analyze data and interpret results
- Have the ability to communicate/present data clearly and concisely in small and large group settings
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Molecular/Cell Biology, Genomics, Biochemistry, or related discipline with hands on research experience in either an academic lab or company setting
- Prior experience with RT-qPCR and other basic molecular biology and biochemical techniques is required
- Supporting references from previous relevant lab experience are required
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and a range of histology methods is recommended
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to contribute to a team
- Clear, effective written and verbal communication skills
In addition to the above requirements, the following skills are a plus:
- Experience and ability administering tail vein injections to mice
- Previous experience with tissue-repair preclinical models
- We offer a dynamic startup environment and a collaborative, passionate team
- Excellent benefits, including competitive employer contributions
- Stock options
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Relocation package can be considered
- Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and SSF Ferry
- State-of-the-art facility complete with bowling alley and onsite gym (see the amenities available at The Cove)