Nurse Practitioner, Certified
We are currently searching for a Nurse Practitioner to provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). The primary objective is to provide services and deliverables through the performance of support services. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpret data and determine normal and abnormal findings that merit immediate clinical action, such as serious abnormal MRI or laboratory findings; present data and analyses to the primary investigators for clinical monitoring
- Obtain consent for MRI procedures
- Make recommendations for appropriate referrals, including NIH resources
- Provide comprehensive patient care activities in the outpatient MRI setting in magnetic fields up to 7 Tesla, and potentially higher 117 Tesla in the future
- Recruit and screen healthy volunteers and patients for MRI, MRS and other imaging procedures
- Conduct structured and semi-structured interviews with patients, parents and families; provide clinical support to patients and families throughout the time of participation in imaging studies; provide clinical and psychological support to adult and pediatric patients, and healthy volunteers
- Participate in research group meetings and in the decision-making process regarding patient inclusion in the studies, diagnoses, and patient and family support throughout
- Perform preliminary evaluation of potential subjects through e-Interviewing, review of medical records, completion of MRI and TMS safety screening, consultation with treating professionals, and consultation with NIMH and radiology medical staff
- Provide clinical expertise to callers remotely, on the NIH IRP staff support line during the COVID 19 pandemic
- Provide support for up to 20 hours of MR scanning over weekends, to be determined by researchers' patients' schedules
- Screen healthy subjects and patients; interview subjects to obtain social and medical and psychiatric history, medication history, history of and use of alcohol and illicit drugs
- Provide support during procedures for brain imaging and neuromodulation studies; ensure that physical status has been checked; review MRI screen and TMS safety screen, current consent forms, and for females that urine pregnancy test is negative
- Address any concerns that arise from research participants following completion of an MRI examination
- Monitor participants comfort, anxiety level; provide assurance to participants and detection of and proper medical management of seizures
- Perform physical examinations; enter medical orders; review lab and other test results for normal and abnormal findings with input from a physician or collaboration with other staff
- Document research and clinical findings
- Perform emergency management procedures on unstable patients
- Monitor patient safety and provide family support and follow crisis management protocol as needed
- Nurse Practitioner License
- ANCC certification from an accredited graduate nursing program
- Specializing in Radiology, Cardiology, or Critical Care
- MR patient
- 3-4 years’ experience in clinical healthcare
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.