We are currently searching for a Patient Coordinator to provide support to the clinical protocols by providing patient care coordinator services. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the recruitment, scheduling, travel and admission of research study participants with clinical staff
- Triage questions to appropriate personnel in the team as necessary
- Respond to patient emails and phone calls; prioritize patient related issues into urgent, emergent and routine; triage the issues to the appropriate personnel in the team as necessary
- Communicate all patient protocols to patients, within the context of eligibility criteria for specific protocol; obtain appropriate consent forms
- Coordinate patient schedules with testers, nurses, physicians and clinical research coordinators
- Work with staff to coordinate new research patient screening appointments, procedures and imaging studies between protocol investigators and the outpatient clinic scheduling personnel
- Coordinate scheduling, travel and lodging of subjects participating in studies
- Distribute patient recruitment and communication materials
- Maintain ongoing relationships with patients, families, caregivers, medical care providers and various individuals on a continuous long-term basis
- Serve as point of contact for questions, advice and communications on the process and status of protocols; initiate and respond to correspondence and telephone contacts pertaining to admission of patients
- Explain the purpose of the study to potential participants; assess eligibility to participate; enroll eligible study participants and explain the research procedures; respond to routine questions on study procedures and seek additional information when needed
- Confer with study participants; explain the purpose of the study and obtain informed consent
- Respond to communications with research subjects, direct questions to appropriate team members
- Collect, verify, record and maintain data on clinical activity and/or research
- Collect outside medical documentation, electronically scans and uploads records into the electronic medical record
- Collate and enter data collected on participants
- Review medical records to collect relevant clinical data
- Ensure accurate and complete collection and submission of study data
- Maintain patient files, medical records, and patient family contacts, file medical record notes into patient charts daily
- Maintain clinical data in protocol databases
- Create reports/spreadsheets for tracking and scheduling of protocol patients
- Review patient and clinical charts; enter patient data into files and automated databases
- Ensure that research data are entered into database
- Ensure consistency in records, data and datasets in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Work with staff on QAQC of the clinical and research records for patients on study prior to audits
- Obtain medical information, imaging disks and pictures from applicants on an ongoing basis; file them with the records
- Provide lists of potential research volunteers to principal investigators based on database searches against protocol criteria
- Refer prospective volunteers per study guidelines to the appropriate Institute contact person
- Review incoming patient referrals and contact referring physicians' office if referral is incomplete
- Obtain outside medical records, radiology studies, biopsy slides and submit to the respective departments at the NIH
- Communicate with appropriate staff about intake and materials and submission of materials for review
- Work with staff to achieve optimum schedule and staff utilization; work with staff in problem solving for overlapping appointments
- Review future scheduled cases to resolve potential conflicts or problems; monitor additional reports to ensure data validity
- Troubleshoot scheduling issues to ensure maximum productivity of staff resources
- Monitor and identify areas of improvement in the clinic environment, clinical trial conductance in the outpatient setting, for patients, families and staff
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives and maintenance of SOPs
- Collaborate with staff to submit protocols to the IRB; monitor protocol compliance
- Advises executives and researchers in the processes of participant recruitment and prepares informational summaries and briefs
- Associates degree in Health and Medical Administrative Services
- At least 1-2 years of related experience
- Preferred: proficiency with clinical databases and report tools, writing skills, clinical research, patient/family education
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.