Human Resources Manager, US (M/F)
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager, US to manage a variety of HR projects for the US site. The HR Manager, US will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the US HR department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy. The candidate will be in contact with external recruiters, lawyers, management team in the US, and the French HR team to coordinate the deployment of the HR strategy. The position reports to the Vice-President, Corporate Operations, based in France.
Hiring and onboarding
- Contribute to the definition of a global strategy to lead adhesion to and promotion of the company’s core values: Excellence, Transparency and Goodwill, on the South San Francisco site.
- Contribute to the definition of a global strategy to identify and hire top performers and lead its execution on the South San Francisco site.
- Contribute to the definition of a global strategy to integrate, incentivize and retain talents, in particular key employees, and lead its execution on the South San Francisco site.
- Liaise with the broader US management team to understand the company’s goals and strategy related to staffing.
- Collect and qualify needs for US-based positions with respect to budget and business requirements.
- Manage end-to-end hiring process for US-based positions, including job posting, headhunter management, support of hiring managers during the interview process, contract drafting and onboarding.
- Suggest process improvements and implement them in the most effective way.
Training, performance and retention
- Liaise with the broader US management team and US employees to understand training needs.
- Define and implement a talent development and retention strategy for US-based employees, in connection with the company’s global strategy.
- Organize, implement and monitor mandatory trainings (security, quality, harassment, etc.).
- Define and create internal training material.
- Lead the performance review process for US-based employees.
- Draft all relevant contractual documents, including offer letters, employment contracts and termination letters.
- Oversee administration of compensation, benefits, time-off policies, visa requests, etc.
- Lead exit interviews, disciplinary procedures, disputes, and investigations.
- Ensure continued compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
- Ensure compliance of HR processes for US-based employees with relevant data protection regulations (e.g. CCPA if/when relevant) and any quality requirements with which the company wishes to engage.
- Define and implement budget and KPIs.
- Prepare reports and presentations for management and/or company-wide meetings.
HR marketing and communication
- Update and adapt HR internal and external communication tools (employee handbook, social networks, career website, etc.) to the US context.
- Develop a common company culture in collaboration with the French HE team.
- Organize events to promote company culture and wellness (e.g. seminars, dinners, etc.).
- Benchmark cultural and managerial practices against best-in-class companies for continuous improvement.
- Cross-functional projects
- Administer occupational health and safety.
- Conduct research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of experience in human resource management required.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations, in particular in California.
- Ability and willingness to get things done.
- Ability and willingness to manage projects at operational level.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines; ability to efficiently mobilize external resources and coordinate projects.
- Ability to work in a global organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience in the biotech industry.
- Start-up mindset.
- Experience in a scale up environment.
- Start date: ASAP
- Phone interview with the hiring manager
- Day interview with manager, cofounders, HR and the team
- References check
- Timing: 2-3 weeks